Jisatsutou - Vol. 17 Ch. 160 - Where Ryou returns to

Aggregator gang
Finally the idiot guy died.
Anyone realizes Tomo has disappeared completely from the story? Is he dead or he's still with the other gank?

Dex-chan lover
DVDs keep the audio commentary as a separate feature from the actual movie proper for a pretty good reason, you know.

Glad to see the translator agrees that this is really stupid. This story's really not on the same level as Holy Land...

Power Uploader
@twinklecake Yes, the same reason you pay for them and not for this: that is a professional work, and this is a hobby. There you are a customer, here you're… I'll let you finish this sentence.

Dex-chan lover
@Kendama ...A guy with an opinion in a place made for giving opinions. Here's another: The end quality of a product is not necessarily relevant to its pricing. Some things come for free and are flawless, unlike this.

You don't wanna hear criticism? That's fine; just don't hang out in places designed to be filled with it.

Power Uploader
@twinklecake Nah, I don't really care what you have to say. I'm not trying to meet your standards or anyone else's. If your criticism mattered, or anyone else's, I would have "mended my ways" long ago, when I was translating DxR and pouring abuse at its margins just like here. Coming to the comments and seeing the other readers pouring equal scorn on this series for the nonsense it is more than offsets wet blankets like you.

I've grown pretty thick-skinned after six years doing this. Rant your fingers numb, the notes will keep coming as I feel like.

c1

God I hate these "translator notes". Don't turn a manga into your fucking blog.

Dex-chan lover
what a garbage fucking chapter. Ryou dying suddenly from freeing kai is just another stupid point, at times i wonder why im even still reading.

I didnt even feel sad or anything this chapter, it was just too fast and too stupid

I pray that someone stalks the translator, and every time he tries to apply for a job, that stalker shows the interviewer the pages with his notes and bars him from the industry. Seriously, your job is to translate and shut the fuck up otherwise. If you want to discuss your thoughts on the work, open a damn youtube analyst channel. We don't need you interjecting really obnoxious blurbs trying to "think" for us and interrupting the flow of a scene.

Ay don’t disrespect the translators. You’re sounding like spoil brat.

Dex-chan lover
@kaitengiri Jesus, you actually got triggered by that? Translator notes have existed since the beginning of scanlation, just don't read outside the panels and you'll be fine. I didn't even notice it.

Why has no one noticed Maria is not there? Especially Sei she is his pregnant wife for crying out loud. Please tell me she’ll be ok

People getting triggered by TL notes is damn shameless. This is a free scanlation, ffs. Don't like it - don't read it.

Dex-chan lover
@Kendama I mean, you're like a guy who donates socks to an orphanage but writes "Have fun with all these really ugly socks, kids!" on the box, with a permanent marker. Of course you're going to be called a weirdo so often that you get used to being called a weirdo when you're consistently being a weirdo!

Besides, it's not like you can claim not to understand the mindset behind complaining things just for shits and giggles with a comment like that. You just make yourself an obvious target for people who are in the mood to do so, which is me today. So, good on you for being okay with the status quo you have created, I guess.

Power Uploader
@twinklecake Glad you realised that "being in the mood" is part and parcel of the decision to throw gasoline in the flame. Yeah. I normally ignore the peasants, but today I thought I'd incense their little riot.

Besides, your analogy is wrong. Children in an orphanage have a need for food, shelter, clothing and love. One gives to mitigate a precarious situation that influences their outcomes.

You don't need manga scanlations, mine or anyone else's, to influence your life outcomes. And I certainly am not doing it for readers' sake. I do it because I like this hobby. I'm only thinking of myself, just as if I were collecting stamps or tending to my garden. And you're also deluded to think the notes are aimed at your lot. I write them because these thoughts occur to me while translating, and our typesetter decides to keep them, and I don't object to it because I like them, too. It's a totally spontaneous, selfish process aimed at giving us a private laugh. It ends the moment the chapter is out. You don't really factor in, unless you throw a cute tantrum with flawed analogies like this.

Live and let live, I suppose. Look forward to the next chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread