Jisatsutou - Vol. 17 Ch. 168 - Island of Life

Supporter
Funny thing... I've noticed "dick" is often used to mean "someone telling me something I don't want to hear, especially if it's true." XD

Thank you for sticking it out despite the increasingly-Gary-Stu plot, Wraith. 😇

Thanks for finishing this series Death Toll, it was nice of you to keep going even when you lost interest in it

Dex-chan lover
finally i am free!!!. Yeah, i lost faith on him at the end of holyland tbh.

Group Leader
Ah man, I still loved this series. I remember picking this shit up in middleschool on Onemanga (I'm dating myself here) and remember being so sad when I realized it had been dropped. I never thought I'd read the end, but then later in life I found out it was picked up again.
Thanks for the ride!

Power Uploader
Omg, I am free of this shit! It has been so fucking long and it is now over... This was such a trainwreck. It started great and had some great building blocks and the author just crushed it all. Thanks for scanlating this till the end and freeing me of this shit.

Dex-chan lover
This series is still one of my favorites. It had its ups and downs, but overall it was a series about hope and life. It's the purest story about life I've found to date, and so incredibly optimistic. It really does make you step back and think about how trivial some of our problems are in the grand scope of things. Overall, the ending is pretty satisfying to me.

Also, the ending is infinitely better than the mess that Destroy and Revolution devolved into. This one managed to keep true to its themes without going all weird and wonky, so it's got that going for it.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure what to feel about this series. It has a very strong premise and the first half had some really good messages. I wish he had given a little more time to fleshing out why Ryou, Sei and the others don't want to kill others - that could have made the ending a lot more satisfyingly. Overall just below a 9/10 for the beginning which gradually deteriorated to a 6/10 as less time was spent fleshing out the ideologies and personalities of the characters.

Dex-chan lover
Also calling for the author to "hit his head" is uncalled for - you may not have liked this story's ending, but there were some very strong elements in it. I think a bit of refinement could goa along way and turn these works into true classics. Saying he has a "benighted mind" feels a bit ... idk petty.

Same as always with Mori Kooji. He has good ideas and writes well, but fails at wrapping it up. At least this time, it's not as bad as D&R, I guess.
Also:
>writes multiple series about suicidal teens and depression, often referencing his own experiences
>"it may be sudden, but I've though of suicide"
Who would have thunk...

Users who are viewing this thread