Jisatsutou

Supporter
Finished all chapters. I have mixed feelings. The first 30 or so chapters were exciting to read when the mystery of the island was the driving aspect.

But afterwards, the story kept dragging on and on and on. I feel like it was 3x as long as it needs to be. At least it had a decent ending.

7/10

This was one of my favourite mangas years ago, I remember I discovered this when I was in high school and I read it one day when I was skipping school. This was the first time I had really skipped intentionally and I felt some sense of freedom, the manga also had some sense like that at the beginning and I really like the 30 or so first chapters, with the hunting and stuff.

Now that I've read it completely, I'm honestly disappointed by a lot of things. I think the conflict against Sawada dragged on for way too long and the manga lost itself at some point. There was not much survivalism left, the characters were not bringing up their reason for suicide and growing any more and it was looping into drama after drama. It was very different from the beginning where they all figure out what do to, both for themselves and for survival. I think so far Sousei no Taiga is better but it's turning into a warfare manga too.

Also why does the author insist so much on including rape in his stories? I really don't think it's necessary or that he had to do it that much.

What an insanely frustrating manga. It’s got some good themes and messages but Sei is one of the worst and most cowardly MCs I’ve seen and he’s totally overshadowed by some of the side characters. The whole time he’s saying he’ll do whatever it takes to protect his group but fails and cries when those times actually come.

Fed-Kun's army
So why, when Sawada was still in charge, did Tomo stick with Sawada's settlement ultimately? Wasn't really answered.

I'm kinda really annoyed at how nobody in this comic seems to ever question why the women and men need to be separated in so many different instances.
- During Nao's childbirth, why couldn't the men be present in the room? Maybe none of them had any experience, but this isn't confirmed. Maybe all of the women in their group happened to have experience, but this isn't confirmed. It's all just assuming that men naturally won't be any help during childbirth, and women naturally will.
- During combat, specifically the final fight between Sawada's group and Ryuu's group, why, in Ryuu's group, did only the men go for an attack on the settlement, whereas the women, save two volunteers, were left behind? I get that, in general, women are physically weaker than men but weaker is not the same as useless. In past times women were not sent to fight to maximise childbirth but, why would that need to apply here? Why would you willingly cut your fighting force like that?
- Previous fight between the two groups, Sawada decides to use the women as shields. Seems like a good way to waste a perfectly healthy human being's ability to hurt your enemy by stripping them bare and just having them function as a wall. Except, he's right on the money because for some reason the attackers decide that suddenly they shouldn't hurt their enemy, because, after all, they're not men.
- During the preparations for the two weddings, when the grooms enter the room where the brides' dresses are fitted, freckle-girl (can't remember her name) tells the men to get out. Why? Everyone's already dressed, why must the men and women be kept separate?
There's this assumed belief that obviously men and women need to fulfil different roles. It goes unquestioned and I despise that.

Well it's over. From the comments it looks like opinions on this series are very polarized. I liked it and would recommend it to some readers, but like alot of Seinen it's not for everyone.
I'm relieved it didn't end in tragedy like I expected. The tone of the first 3 acts had me prepared for a bittersweet conclusion at best. I'm not upset Ryou died, he was simple enough to get bamboozled by Kai. I wish the ruse could have been a little more complex though. As for the men from the other village? Fuck those guys, they're still basically a rape cult and they got off way too lightly.
Just the men?

Insanely bad in every way.
This could be an acceptable manga with just one volume, but no. Instead, there are dozens of volumes, full of pure bullshit philosophy, attention whores pretending to be suicidal and, for some reason, lots of tutorials for simple stuff like hunting and fishing.
But to the people in this manga, everything is impossible for amateurs, the main character is as much of a rapist as all the other men and can only say "I'm different" at anything.
I've read 3 volumes and the whole story so far is "trapped in an island and trying to find food twice". Seven chapter per volume, 20-30 pages per chapter and this is all that happened. Even killing a bird with a bow and arrow is impossible to these people. (the bird flew away with a damn arrow stuck in it's heart lol)

This whole manga is probably just making excuses to justify lame suicidal pussies. People that literally signed a document to accept death, but when they actually have a reason to kill themselves, their puss out, because all they want is attention. A better setup would be sending these people to the front row of Japanese army in a war, with bombs attached to their bodies, since they wanna die so much.

BTW, all this text so far is just one of the many problems of this manga.
The drawing is shit. Every male character looks the exact same, the difference is only a bandana or scars or some shit like that. The female characters are submissive like women from 500 years ago (the big nose girl liking the main character after he watch her being raped and did nothing besides thinking "I'm different I'm different").
Everybody in this manga, for some reason, have insanely huge noses like a toucan or Pinocchio after a year of nonstop lying.
Feelings feelings feelings and bullshit philosophy forever.

PS: I found this manga while searching for gore, violence, horror, disturbing mangas. It has nothing of these.

Zero is too much of a rating for this crap.

Users who are viewing this thread