Jishou Akuyaku Reijou na Konyakusha no Kansatsu Kiroku - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
@JwChibi I think it's because according to the story (although I might be wrong) Is the bad ending for Cecil's route was that he becomes so bored and indifferent that he causes a war out of boredom and it was supposedly Heronia's role to get him to be a kinder and gentler man.

What Heronia probably doesn't realize is that Bertia is already fulfilling her (Heronia's) needed role and thus her place as the princes lover and avert the war is completely null

Dex-chan lover
@JWChibi It's exactly as @Umesan said, but why both Bertia and Heronia don't believe that the prince can instead fall in love with Bertia has something to do with the 'Fated Maiden' bullcrap that Heronia keeps spouting.
In the original game, when the heroine and the prince kiss a magical mark appears (and that magical mark will be explained at the end of the story) which is said to be the mark of these two fated to be together...since if the heroine chooses any other target the mark doesn't appear. And since the prince always gives lip service to his fiance whether he loves her or not, as his duty as her betrothed, that's why she still believes he doesn't love her (he himself doesn't know he's in love with her, how will the dumb Bertia know?), so to her and the heroine it's the only way to save him and the country. Because Heronia is the "fated maiden" of the prince.

Aggregator gang
I really like how he corrected himself inside his head. Rather than her going beet red after being kissed being "interesting," he thought she was cute. :3

Dex-chan lover
I've gone and read the source material, i found some difference from the manga and the wn. And because of it, i realized we are nearing this series end. Not a good realization.

Contributor
What a nice chapter.

I like how she don't even realize her huge popularity, she try so hard to be a bad girl and it have the opposite effect.

Group Leader
Woohoooo! The best couple:)! So romantic~ ch 16 have been already in the raw so please next>>>•~•

Having read the webnovel, I'm looking forward to upcoming parts~
especially the "white room" part towards the end! Hopefully they adapt it well, I love the "fighting against mind things for the one you love" kind of concepts, especially with these kind of characters lol

Dex-chan lover
Prince thought that it would be painful because it was with him when it will be painful because they will not be togheter next year.
Kyuu~

Dex-chan lover
@Tatsgato from what we saw in the manga, it seems the LN was quite different to the WN, we may have different events too from now on, the white room may change 😁

Yeah just casually end this chapter with that huge flag prince. It won't come back to bite you later!

@JWChibi To answer you, putting aside the already present deviations from the web novel and assuming this point stays 1 to 1:
You're more or less on the mark in your assumption. In the game Bertia and Heroina are familiar with, the royal family sometimes have prodigies like Cecil and their soul crushing boredom ends up being potentially quite dangerous. They will latch onto the first thing they find truly interesting and become obsessed with it as the only thing that provides a feeling of contentment. So if one were to become fixated on the art of war, they're going to plunge the continent into endless war to indulge in that; thus Bertia's kneejerk reaction to Cecil being intrigued by gunpowder in this chapter. IIRC the founder of their country was of this nature and built the kingdom as part of his obsession, which was luckily just love for his childhood friend. Cecil sort of gets a bad ending in all storylines except his own since only the heroine can become something he benevolently attaches to and ultimately learns how to love and be kind from. So if the player goes to any other character ending, the happy endings always have a lingering shadow of doom floating over them, since it implies Cecil is going to bring the kingdom to ruin in pursuit of relieving his boredom, since this problem can't get resolved due to the heroine not getting involved in Cecil's storyline.

This is why Bertia is fixated on ruining herself and ensuring Cecil ends up with Heroina, and why Heroina similarly asserts she's the only correct option- both are running with the game script assuming it's set in stone and that the game mechanics still control what is now the 'real world' to them (even though Bertia has materially gone off script multiple times- averting the plague that was supposed to kill her mother and cripple Cynthia for example, proving that while most of these plot beats are going to happen, they can be altered or averted entirely, since nothing else happened to ensure Bertia's mother died and her father turned evil after the event where that was supposed to happen resolved differently). What we as the readers know that Bertia and Heroina haven't noticed yet is a lot of this had been averted 6 years ago because Cecil had already found Bertia to be one interesting thing in his life ever since their first meeting- concepts like 'fated maidens' technically aren't real in their world, it's just otome game jargon they're putting too much weight to. Cecil himself isn't quite aware of his own nature in this regard either and is more than a little stilted in understanding his own feelings, so even he's only just now realizing he cares for Bertia beyond social formalities as merely a beneficial political marriage he originally accepted based entirely on emotionless logic and reason.

Fed-Kun's army
Light novel or manga, I can't get enough of how cute Bertia is. Especially when these two are together! I feel like I've been healed by a thousand folds.

It's also hilarious how a lot is screaming about raising the flag here, at the comment section, though lolol. Just wait for Lady Joanna's words to be proved, wahahaha! Waahhhh, Your Highness...! ( ;꒳​; )

Ma boy Cecil is worthy!!! Bertia needs to give him a kiss😘

Users who are viewing this thread