Jitsu wa Ore, Saikyou Deshita? - Vol. 9 Ch. 56 - Struggle In Vain

Dex-chan lover
You know I don't recall the last time an MC stops the antagonist from injecting themselves with something to powerup/undergo a monsterfication in a fight. It might be minor thing but I'm actually impressed that they didn't drag out a pointless fight since he'll just ROFLSTOMP her. Thanks for the translations.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, I get that the queen has been portrayed as evil and we want to see her get her comeuppance, but at the same time, I'm really not comfortable with the MC slapping a collar on her like that.

Imagine if the villain did this to a good character, then told them it won't the removed until the character starts murdering, raping and pillaging.

This isn't justice; it's coercion. It's a simple-minded idea how to force people to change; the MC gets to pretend to take the high road without actually putting in any real effort to rehabilitate the person they supposedly want to do better, then blaming them when they don't change at all.

Fed-Kun's army
I mean, I get that the queen has been portrayed as evil and we want to see her get her comeuppance, but at the same time, I'm really not comfortable with the MC slapping a collar on her like that.

Imagine if the villain did this to a good character, then told them it won't the removed until the character starts murdering, raping and pillaging.

This isn't justice; it's coercion. It's a simple-minded idea how to force people to change; the MC gets to pretend to take the high road without actually putting in any real effort to rehabilitate the person they supposedly want to do better, then blaming them when they don't change at all.
It was never about justice, the MC doesn' t want her to kill people but can't really kill her because there will be a lot more deaths if she is murdered. So he force her to do his will, don't forget that she is her mother who tried to kill him when he was born, her "new sister", and now his brother (her other son). He don't give a damn about her rehabilitating nor about justice, he just wan't everything to be like he wants

Dex-chan lover
Bahahahahaha
Untitled.jpg

Dex-chan lover

His main goal is to have his new(current) family live in peace. His chosen method is to preserve the current fragile political balance of the country.
He can’t remove/injure even temporarily anyone at the top echelon because that could be the spark for a civil war, which will suck his family to the conflict. So he has no time to rehabilitate them, even if he knew how.

While he could perhaps take over the country somehow, say removing the king & queen and set up the prince to ascend (who seems to be getting better as a person). That will make him on the hook to deal with many many things, stuff he has no motivation to do. His other desire is to live in peace and do nothing. It’s been a while so it’s easy to forget that even now he’s trying to drop out of school so he can stay home.

Dex-chan lover
You know I don't recall the last time an MC stops the antagonist from injecting themselves with something to powerup/undergo a monsterfication in a fight. It might be minor thing but I'm actually impressed that they didn't drag out a pointless fight since he'll just ROFLSTOMP her. Thanks for the translations.
ROFLSTOMP, now there's a word I haven't heard in a long time... A long time..

Dex-chan lover
Also known in Real Life™ as "Prison". Your point?

Dex-chan lover

Sounds like a sick idea for tragic backstory of a character.

Users who are viewing this thread