JK Haru wa Isekai de Shoufu ni natta - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

I came expecting salt at the mere premise and was pleasantly surprised.

Dex-chan lover
From that resume it's hard to have any sympathy for the MH. She's not just a spoiled brat she just wants excuses to react to events instead of preventing them just because "that's how the world is", it makes the otaku look good in comparison because he's actually working and that usually implies being a good guy for isekai cheat characters.

At this point she can be the successor of Atonement Camp's heroine and get away Scott free with the author claiming she was a good girl all along but misunderstood 🤦

Contributor
@sinisempi
@Calihan
Do NOT read Release That Witch, it just recently got the hammer and had a rushed ending.
If you do, pretend that it ended after the final battle with Zero.

@Someguy

Don't recognize The wolf wont sleep by name, which is good. Ill check it out.

The wrong way to use healing magic, sounds familiar. Think he gets trained by some person extremely hard and might not want to do that. Was annoying. Maybe the wrong story line though.

Bard Loen, Retired Heroes, Kuitsume Youhei no Gensou Kitan, and Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha. For non-isekai historical medieval, maybe Hawkwood and Issak.
Don't recognize any of those by name, which is again good. Ill try them out.
Thanks again.

@kenx
@sinisempi
I remember reading RTW long ago. It started great, and then I dropped and restarted a few times. The premise is really good, but I think I didn't like how powerful the witches were and how much knowledge the MC had. I've watched and read a metric shit ton of stuff I think would be useful when going back in time or being transported somewhere and the dude just seems too OP. Probably didn't get past 200 chapters at maximum. I realize that I'm being picky. Maybe what I want is to strict and narrow that it doesn't exist or is so niche I'll never find it.

@Kampfarsch
I read that as it came out. I remember it being decent. But I never finished it. Just stopped reading releases one day. Is the ending good? I think I was pretty close to it. It's just hard to go back to something to finish it when you don't remember the hole thing. I would wanna re-read it, but it takes a long time. Woe is me

Contributor
@Calihan
I recommend Lord of the Mysteries if you want a good isekai novel. Like, a really good one. I only hope the chinese don't ban it, since they've lately banned lots of isekai chinese novels for "socially disruptive content". Eh, who are we to have a say?
Another one I can recommend is a web serial called The Wandering Inn, though it may not be your cup of tea if you don't like heavy (and I mean, VERY HEAVY) SoL.

Also, I really suggest giving the JK Haru novel a try. Surprisingly (and I say that because that's what I expected when I opened it amused by the Emperor's New Groove-like description), it's not a female power fantasy, just a quite different isekai SoL.

Dunno want to feel about this

I can sense it heading down a sort of dark psychological path

but thats just looking at the artstyle and parsing through the words of the mc

@Kagemoto The "MC" will probably develop a god complex and Haru is going to be carried through that ordeal over time. Short term story will be her pessimistic outlook of the world and showing off the baggage she hasn't revealed yet. Seems like she's already slept around to stay in school and have a roof over her head. Also feel like the "MC" guy will turn on Haru when she complaines to another customer when comparing the two. That's seems like an average cliche you see a lot of the time.

@AmericanJedi I think the MC going all Yandere possessive is a given

Though I do wonder how far it will be taken and what will go down

Nevertheless I think it's going to be an interesting to watch it all happen

I got slightly disgusted after reading this hahaha
Probably because the ML was horrible, I expected the JK to be a trash woman

Dex-chan lover
But hairpulling is one of the best parts of long hair....

Users who are viewing this thread