JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7 - Steel Ball Run (Official Colored) - Vol. 10 Ch. 42.5 - Extra

Double-page supporter
Nice filler chapter. Though, those last two chapter pages didn't make much sense to me... I don't really understand what Araki was implying by saying that the ripple and steel balls (shouldn't it be the spin instead?) are like stand arrows.

seeing the drawings of previous characters hurts even more after the end of stone ocean. everyone is dead :(

Dex-chan lover
Seeing these characters again makes me feel nostalgia about how these powers are unsuitable and some stands don't even follow the norm.
Those sub atomic particles can only be made from nothing when there is a force that is stronger than the attracting force between two of them.

I appreciate this quick recap of how stands work. It makes me feel sad seeing all the old characters drawn again..

I think all of these rules should be finished with "unless the stand's ability changes this" because of stands like notorious big, cheap trick, n'doul's water stand (forgot the name), stands with personalities or ones that act on their own etc.

I appreciate the fact that they demonstrate how stands and their respective users share damage by using one of the exceptions to the rule, Polnareffu and Silver Chariot. Unless I'm wrong, Silver Chariot's armour negates the sharing damage rule, unless there must be literal armor where SC is struck, which I don't believe was mentioned. Shame we never SC Requiem w/o the black plastic from being unfinished/not controlled by Polnareff, I really liked the Musketeer aesthetic.

So everyone, now that you know the rules, immediately forget them cause 20% of stands regularly say fuck the rules. jk I love stands and how varied, abnormal, and unexpected stands can be because of how they don't always adhere to the rules.

Also the hamon and Spin comparison has FINALLY got me thinking, even though people had obviously been making the comparison since forever. The Zeppelis call the spin a 'technique' but it so often goes over and beyond what you'd expect given how it's just called a technique. Its also mentioned how both hamon and the spin can bring you closer to unlocking your stands, and I think that must be because it ties to how strong your spirit is, just as stands are. I kinda want to go over the first few parts of Jojo just to see what else makes hamon and the spin such supernatural 'techniques'.

It's really nice to see the old characters again and it made me sad because I miss them already....

@y0rozuya
The characters are all still alive and probably the same way they were before part 6 since Emporio was fine. Memories intact, same iteration of themselves, nothing changed. The only people who experienced significant change were the part 6 crew and anyone else who died. Part 6 crew was reincarnated (same soul) but without the influence of Pucci (since he was probably left behind in the universe he created when he died) which is why they’re all a little different and leading happier lives. I hope that makes the ending of stone ocean a little less heartbreaking

I really loved those explanations, but they make me think, is there any relation between the stone masks and the stand arrows?

Users who are viewing this thread