JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Part 7: Steel Ball Run (Official Colored) - Vol. 15 Ch. 58 - Civil War Part 3

Ignoring the jokes in the comments, this whole fight is really pretty and symbolic. Having an enemy whose power is to use your own past to injure and capture you, and to defeat him you have to "kill yourself" (As in kill your past self, to have a new life). This becomes even more evident when you realize this kind of "suicide" is a central part in Christianity. The "purifying water" may also be an allusion to baptism.
only serious n thoughtful comment lmaoooo

This is why Steel ball run is loved by many, Civil war is hell of an call back to "Judgement" from "Stardust crusaders". Everything in this fight, is..

Mwah, chefs kiss.

Damn the last name I expected to be mentioned in JoJo was "Dvořák". As a Czech this makes me happy af

Ignoring the jokes in the comments, this whole fight is really pretty and symbolic. Having an enemy whose power is to use your own past to injure and capture you, and to defeat him you have to "kill yourself" (As in kill your past self, to have a new life). This becomes even more evident when you realize this kind of "suicide" is a central part in Christianity. The "purifying water" may also be an allusion to baptism.
This ... is the only reasonable explanation I've heard ever.

Nice analysis

Users who are viewing this thread