JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Part 7: Steel Ball Run (Official Colored) - Vol. 24 Ch. 95 - World of Stars and Stripes - Outro

Gyro didn’t deserve to go out like that and props to Jonny for getting this far crippled I sat there and cried at the end😭😭😭

11/29/2020

Wow loved this part, the story was good but it’s was mainly the characters that made me love it. I loved Johnny, Gyro, Hot Pants, Dio, Wekapipo, and Funny was a great villain.

Truly a roundabout path.

This part was amazing, and it all came down from an incredible climax to a lame ending. Come on, really? AU Diego as the final fight? I would’ve enjoyed if he came in as a fight before the end, but the Valentine fight was such a satisfying and incredible fight, bringing Diego back for the final fight, now with The World, just seemed like fan service. It was a good fight but I don’t think it should’ve happened as the last fight of the part. People say the ending was bittersweet, but it wasn’t even sweet. Gyro’s entire reason for entering the race was meaningless because the kid died due to a cold, no one even got the corpse, fucking Pocoloco won the race (who cares about Pocoloco??), and Johnny was able to start walking again. His disability added a lot to his character and I think him learning to live with it and be content would’ve been so much better than him walking again.

I dunno, I really liked this part and I would’ve felt it was practically perfect if not for that lame ending. I entirely understand that it has to do with Johnny’s coming back to zero from negative idea, which I’m fine with, but I still feel like he’s negative. No corpse, no money from winning the race, no Gyro, but he can walk again and his dad supports him. His loss of Gyro now means nothing because the kid died anyway and he had nothing from the race, he’s still negative in my opinion. It was just disappointing to see at the end, after seeing everything line up for him after losing so much.

12/5/2020
The date I finished SBR. How can I say this...
It's been a truly wild, wild ride. When reading the first few chapters, I had a feeling I won't like this part because of its setting. But boy, I was flippin' wrong. Having a continental horse race on the 19th century has gotta be the most interesting and "original" concept of a manga. Araki really blew my mind with this part. No wonder why most people calls it as the best part. I don't know whatever else will come up on part 8, but you've got to at least expect some characters to die, even your favorite ones. It's jojo, after all.

(People really do put Stone Ocean at the bottom list alongside with Phantom Blood, huh? I wonder if it's because of the story flow itself or rather about the ending. If it's only about the ending, I'm disappointed too tbh. Jolyne could've survived instead! But eh, let's move on to part 8.)

A fitting end for another Dio. Died like a bitch again. May you never haunt the Joestar bloodline ever again.

Final thoughts for Steel Ball Run:

It was a damn good and unique part(but thats all parts of JoJo).

Johnny has probably the biggest Character Development of all the JoJo's. Jolyne is the second. Usually, the JoJo's start strong already, and don't need much evolution. But Johnny started meek, selfish and week, and ended the series as a more mature, selfless and strong individual. Not my favorite JoJo because I think is hard to beat the trio Joseph/Josuke/Jolyne for me, but probably is a strong contestant for 4th place.

I love Okuyasu and Bruno but I think Gyro is now my favorite JoBro of the series! He was so unique, charming and funny that I was genuinely sad when he died fighting against Valentine.

I came into SBR with wrong expectations on Valentine. I thought he would be a more sympathetic villain like Pucci because everyone said he was but he isn't. He is cleary evil, and I don't think a single sad backstory makes him a sympathetic villain for me. His backstory doesn't justify all his crimes, and the attempt of sexual assault. But I got to agree he is a strong villain, nonetheless. He is probably at Third place as my favorite villain, behind Kira and Pucci.

As for how the Part goes, it's my second favorite now. It still don't beat Part 4 because Part 4 for me is top JoJo content, it has everything that makes me think about JoJo, but this part was fantastic. The only downside I think is the beginning. This part has a SLOOWWW beginning, and only start to pick up when The Boom Boom family appears (AKA, when Stands appear), but the ending was so good that I can overcome that.

Now into JoJolion! I can't wait to start it!

If you are reading this comment your parents will die within 5 years. To undo this curse you need to copy this and paste it on 5 other manga.

Damn, what an amazing part...

I've finished re-reading this part on December 12th, 2020, 1:18 PM

I finished reading, 12 december 2020 20:33,in Germany.Addio parte 7 vado alla 8

Damm...this was the very first time i cried watching /reading JoJo.

Users who are viewing this thread