JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Part 7: Steel Ball Run (Official Colored) - Vol. 24 Ch. 95 - World of Stars and Stripes - Outro

5/28/20

Read a comment somewhere that Johnny would get beheaded like his British counterpart, glad that wasn't actually the case.

DOPE PART, but maybe I'll like it even more once I reread it this summer

lol i should've studied for an online exam but ended up reading steel ball run for hours
glad i finished, jojolion here i come

[nangis kenapa gyro mati :,) btw Diego epic comeback bawa-bawa za warudo lagi, padahal aku lebih suka scary monstersnya lol. rip dritadi bangun pagi mau ngerangkum pkn gajadi gara-gara baca ini]

5/29/20

31/05/2020

Yep, that's it. I've finished reading the adored and said best part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure...
What a journey ! I enjoyed every bit of it, from the story (the idea of a horse race through the late 1800s America and the twist of Jesus's corpse being the real objective), characters ( I particularly appreciated Hot Pants and her chemistry with Johnny, but also Sandman who is the absolute madlad, or even minor stand users such as Mr. Blackmore or Ringo) to the entertaining stand fights and the beautiful landscapes shown throughout the race.

I must say I really enjoyed the character of Lucy, a kind of "part 7 Hayato", who endured numerous traumatic experiences, but without giving up. Furthermore, her relationship with her husband was really moving and cute to my mind.

Then Valentine, the perfect villain : behind an evil and selfish goal hides in fact a strong feeling of patriotism, that couldn't nevertheless overcome the thirst for power and control. D4C was a reaaaally op Stand that was absolutely wonderfully used to create entertaining fights with the protagonists.

And finally, oh boy, oh Gyro, such a deep character. He showed us lots of aspects that a JoJo character was expected to embody (a difficult yet moving background, courage, wit, a noble objective, humour, sometimes sadness, and so on. But that was a lot deeper than that, and Gyro was the perfect match for Johnny.

Their relationship just works so well it becomes unreal. Two strangers, different nationalities, different backgrounds yet they are perfectly fit for each other. I fricking loved the jokes/songs moment where Gyro put his whole heart only to be in front of a cold yet amused Johnny, even sometimes adding more to the ridiculous situation.

Johnny was an interesting JoJo to follow. He started the adventure for himself, continued for himself too but couldn't hold back his feelings to intervene when dealing with other characters like Hot Pants or Sandman. Above all, his sincere friendship with Gyro is what made him strong enough to go on on his journey for the corpse's parts.

Yep, we can all agree to say it was a bizarre yet amazing adventure !
Thanks Araki.

1/6/2020
Didn't like manga originally but this story might of changed it
1. Stardust crusaders
2. SBR
3. Golden Wind
4. Battle tendency
5. DIU
6. Stone Ocean
7. Phantom blood

6/5/2020

This is hands down one of or the best part of jojos bizzare adventure imo, Gyros death was one of the saddest deaths in JoJo. Gyro himself is the best jobro, and Johnny is tied in first place with joseph for best jojo, while funny valentine isn't my favorite villain he's in my personal top 3 including Yoshikage Kira at number one and Enrico Pucci at number two. The reason Pucci is at number two is because he has one of my favorite backstories and the reason Kira is my favorite is because he just is and he's amazing. I also really liked how the steel ball is this universes version of hamon, and overall I would have to say this is definitely one of my most favorite parts my part list now including sbr would be

1. Sbr + Golden Wind
2. Stone Ocean (don't kill me)
3. DIU
4. Battle Tendency
5. Stardust Crusaders
6. Phantom blood

For my JoJo list

1. Johnny + Joseph
2. Giorno
3. Josuke + Jotaro
4. Jolyne
5. Jonathan

For my JoBro list
1. Gyro
2. Mista/Bruno Buccelati (they're the same amount of Jobro and tie for the Jobro spot of part 5)
3. Caesar + Kakyoin
4. Speedwagon
5. Ermes or Hermes
6. Okuyasu

And finally for my favorite JoFoe list

1. Yoshikage Kira
2. Enrico Pucci
3. Funny Valentine
4. Diavolo
5. Dio [part 3]
6. Kars
7. Dio [Part 1]

I haven't read part 8 yet so don't @ me

6 June 2020
NYOHOHO
Thus ends the steel ball run. What a Fucking amazing ride. I was a bit skeptic at first. There were no mention of a stand or well anything JoJo. But then it just got better and better and well here we are. Loved this.

That died of a cold at the end got me xD

My favourite part of jojo by far 8/6/2020.
Its been a long roundabout path, Thanks, Araki, thats all i can say.

16/06/20

Wow, that was one of the best parts I’ve read. I’m glad Johnny got Gyro’s body back home, that was a nice way to end it. F for the first Dio (the dinosaur one) and Hot Pants, Funny Valentine can go die in a hole forever.

Part ranking (haven’t got around to reading Stone Ocean yet)

1. Stardust Crusaders
2. Battle Tendency
3. Diamond is Unbreakable
4. Steel Ball Run
5. Golden Wind
6. Phantom Blood

JoJo ranking:

1. Joseph
2. Jotaro
3. Josuke
4. Johnny
5. Giorno
6. Jonathan

JoBro rankings:

1. Speedwagon (obviously)
2. Caesar
3. Gyro
4. Okuyasu
5. Bruno & Mista
6. Kakyoin

Finished this for like the third time. I love this part so much man. 6/16/20 Best JoJo part.

Users who are viewing this thread