JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7 - Steel Ball Run (Official Colored) - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - The Devil's Palm Part 2

Fed-Kun's army
i really love the pacing in this part, like how it only brings up stands now in vol 4. it's like araki was trying to give jojo's a fresh start

Dex-chan lover
are Gyro's balls (lol) a Stand ability or not? is the "spin" related to the Stand or is it something completely different? he could see a Stand before so he has awakened to some extent but maybe not to his full potential. ahhh this is so exciting to read because it's like you're going on a journey with them since they're also clueless. looks like Araki decided to call them Stands again for convenience, but how did Mountain Tim come up with the name? or is it also universally recognized? i'm giving myself a headache with all these questions, i'm just gonna shut up and read

@dancingoncrocodiles right? it's really refreshing

Dex-chan lover
Use the spin, Johnny!!
Why call it a stand though? I can't understand your thought process...

Ok, so it's clear that the 'shooting star' is the equivalent of the meteor with the Stand virus that crashed in Egypt in the original universe.

Also, I think Tim calls his ability a Stand because he could 'Stand back up' because it saved his life?

They're calling it "Stand" because you "Step" into the Devil's Palm. It probably should've been called "Step", but for consistency it's better we leave it as Stand.

Fed-Kun's army
You think cutting someone in half vertically slightly off center would work so easily?

Users who are viewing this thread