JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7 - Steel Ball Run (Official Colored) - Vol. 4 Ch. 21 - The Duty of Gyro Zeppeli Part 2

Dex-chan lover
my heart hurts because of all these handsome lads. Araki is a genius when it comes to character design

Dex-chan lover
Do you really think consent will go well with the pride and honor you have? DIO wanted to do that but we know how that turned out. Tim still has his rope.

Wtf does Gyro mean by consent? Doesn’t that mean when two people agree on something together? How does that factor in at all with the story and the boy’s execution? I’m so confused and it’s making it hard to like this part.

My name is Oyecomova. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Venezia, where all the villas are, and I am not married. I work as an assassin for the Italian government, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last check-up. I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life. I take care not to trouble myself with any enemies, like winning and losing, that would cause me to lose sleep at night. That is how I deal with society, and I know that is what brings me happiness. Although, if I were to fight I wouldn't lose to anyone.

Double-page supporter
Mountain Tim's Stand was pretty lame, but I wish he didn't die so quickly.

Ok, so it's pretty obvious Gyro is from Italy (considering all the other Zeppelis were and Ceasar also made family honor a big deal)

However, what's with the consent thing? I'm so confused.

man, if SBR ever gets animated, its gonna be a long slow start like starting a new anime/show. but its the 7th part in the series yet not a whole happens. would take what 10 or 20 episodes to get going?

Fed-Kun's army
Ngl hope they get like 5 steady buddies just like the crusaders so we get a good good reference panel

The translation of Gyro's speech seems off to me. 'Consent' doesn't seem like that right word. I checked out the French translation and I believe Gyro is basically saying he takes his duty as an executioner seriously and takes a certain amount of pride and honor from his role but only if he believes in the conviction. He isn't convinced the boy is guilty so he can't bring himself to execute him, there is no honor without certainty. Or something.

Users who are viewing this thread