JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 7 - Steel Ball Run (Official Colored)

Let me say this. The ending is probably the best of any parts so far ( last 25 chapters) Johnny is Definitely my favorite jostar so far mostly since I can relate to him. I'm from Kentucky,long blonde hair,wears a beanie hat all the time and finally I look exactly like him which is creepy lol

Really good part definitely Araki's best work and please don't lie to yourself and say it isn't because other then part 4 and 8 every other part pales in comparison

I kind of find it funny how a lot of people suddenly wants the show to be more dramatic now during the final arc.
Back before we had instances where Araki put dramatic effects before subtlety of the settings to create a more dramatic viewing experience, ditching a few settings here and there in order for the fights to play out in a more dramatic fashion, and everyone gets themselves into the "A rack ee forgot" circlejerk.
Now that when a character actually does something within their character, with the action not being pulled out of his ass like the end of SC, just makes sense in general and people started to complain about it for not being dramatic and would rather the story conclude right there, and the funny thing is, if Araki didn't do so they would probably still jerk themselves off for Araki to not put the last arc in, saying that"Oh but Valentine could have pulled an alternative timeline guy to fight Johnny".
Not trying to prove a point or anything, just something that I find funny.

Definitely a solid part, but overrated af
Main villain is just a retard with a overcomplicated broken Stand ( like Diavoro ), and it appeals to rape/sexual scenes too much trying to be edgy, wastes too much time on retarded background for characters/events we don't give a shit, instead of properly developing them to make us actually care about them.

And while the bromance of Jonnhy and Gyro is AMAZING, it's a loooot easier to develop synergy between 2 characters, instead of a group of 3-6 like the other parts.

Also Steel's little wifey at the end is left without conclusion, it doesn't even say what happens to her,
but in Part 8 Jonnhy marries Rina, even tho, Lucy's is supposed to be Erina counterpart, since they have the same last name. ( araki forgot AGAIN )

tl;dr
good part but definitely not the best. Araki can't even pair Alt Jonathan with Alt Erina properly.

Mod Edit: Added a spoiler tag for the last part in the second segment.

Also, laughable how Araki was trying so hard to make Dio hateable in the last chapters by portraying him as a rapist, something he never ever was in any incarnation.
Dio was clearly stealing the spotlight, becoming almost an anti-hero, and Araki just shuts him down to a villain like that, almost scared that the fandom may like him more than JoJo LOL

@ShinitaiKoroshitekure
Johnny Joestar: Age 19
Lucy Steel: Age 14
Uh-huh. Sure. Pair 'em. It might be weird and all that but they're couples in a different universe so it's okay.
Also, mind you that The World Diego is a completely different person given that, you know, he's from a different universe with a different stand.

People used to marry in their 14-15's all the time back then, even nowadays in Japan the age of consent is 13, in Sailor Moon Usagi dated Mamoru and the age gap was something similar ( She being 14-15 and he being a fresh college student in his 19-20 )

So yea, saying its "creepy" isn't an argument, sorry.
besides, she ends up with a guy like 40 years older than her, which is 10000x more creepy by your own logic.

>Za Warudo DIEGO is a completely different person than DIO with a different STAND
>Za Warudo
>Different Stand

But fine, I'll give to you that is possible there is a alt DIO that has rape tendencies, but you should also admit that it was Araki forcing Diego to be a villain, just throwing in the trash all development he had going on for him during SBR.

And lets not talk about how D4C was AGAIN, a poorly written OP Stand, that Araki even retcon its ability after being introduced.

SBR is great, and Johnny is easily the most complex JoJo, being tied for my number 1 fave JoJo because of that, but you can't deny its a heavily flawed part in some aspects, far away from the masterpiece like SBR fanboys say it is.

@ShinitaiKoroshit Dude a lot of the points you made are dumb and can easily get counterclaimed I get somebody personally enjoying another part more, but in terms of writing and story telling no other JoJo part comes close to this one.

@ShinitaiKoroshitekure
I don't care whether you can fuck some kid in sailor moon that's less than fifteen years old, shit's wrong and unless you're born in the 18th century or some shit don't go off and make it okay. Stephen literally said he had no interest in her, the reason he married her is to prevent her from being sold off to be a literate prostitute, which is a fucking million times less creepy than "duh duh ship cuz counterpart". Besides, for what holy-jesus-hotdog-on-a-shit-bun-dipped-in-sewage romance relation does Johnny and Lucy have? Because somewhere in another fucking universe they were married so they gotta fuck now? What kind of logic is that? Marrying with a 40 yo gramps is creepy but with a 19 yo somehow makes it less fucking creepy?
Diego died when he got sawed in half by the train and that's where his character development ends, the world Diego is a different person from a different universe which makes the two's development separate, I don't know what's so fucking hard to understand. And since when did I mention DIO? Is Scary Monsters not a different stand from The World? Why are you putting words in my mouth?

Users who are viewing this thread