JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Part 7: Steel Ball Run (Official Colored)

Reminder that everyone should vote 10 stars (masterpiece) for this part. It is.. well, a masterpiece! It has almost 0 flaws!

Part 5 and part 7 imo is peak Araki...Part 7 was unbelievably good..now onto to part 8

3rd Best part. Every enemy introduced is interesting. The antagonist is my favorite, his ability "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" is the best stand so far, and his design replicates a president perfectly. I personally think Johnny's character is boring... But other then that, the side stories are actually mindblowing, characters are well designed but the fights are actually boring, and repeat the same pattern. I am happy that stands aren't that prominent in this part since stands are really a cheap trick and it feels like the two characters really earn "their" way.

despicable, the fact that I can't even rate this part an 11/10 is a disgrace to lord araki himself

Spoilers:

After reading this now I can certainly see why people like it so much. Its a refreshing departure from non-stop punchy dude stand battles of parts 3-6.
Many villains in this part were so well designed I was genuinely sad to see them die. Ringo is my favorite fight in whole JoJo franchise. It was the western standoff i was hoping to see when starting my read.
Sandman is a massive wasted potential. But perhaps its just because of my boner for native american designs.
Art and colouring are both fantastic and this part's JoJo feels the most human and vulnerable of them all.

But there are some oddities:

Valentine's stand having its power completely changed, right after being introduced in an absolute migraine of a sequence ("who shot Johnny?" by Agata Christie), is a bit dissapointing and dare I say somewhat disrespectful to the reader who actually tried to make sense of it the first time around.
Also has Araki forgotten about pocoloco? Why go to great lenghts to give him a backstory, a stand, and then tease said abillity only to never have a fight featuring it.
Johnny's feet shots happpens once (?) and then is never brought up again.
Also hotpants dying offscreen is a sacrilege.

Overall this has blown away my fairly low expectations for a battle manga. Writing quality was more akin to a good book.

10/10 on a manga scale

Double-page supporter
@clr-63 if you want it authentic: sidebar off, page bar off, header off, double page when the page on the right has the white stroke on the left and they line up

Banned
Jojo in general is a masterpiece... but relatively speaking, this is easily the weakest part and definitely the most overrated. It lacks the cheesy charm of Parts 1 and 3, the humour of Part 2, the intrigue of Parts 4 and 6, and makes even less sense than part 5. The whole thing just seems to be trying too hard now. Everything about it has become an arbitrary arse-pull... and there is little appeal to the plot. All that is left to this is seeing what kind of freaky contrived nonsense passes for a stand next.

Pretty sure Jojo has nowhere to go but down post-reset. I haven't even tried Jojolion yet, but is it even complete yet? Feels like forever since it started.

It is another good part from Araki, but it feels empty... My most favourite parts are first three parts (The first and the whole Stardust Crusaders), then part 4 and part 5, not because I did not like the new things or anything, actually the story and fighting scenes were really amazing in later parts and stands were pretty creative, also fights got more clever and clever, which is so cool. Just the first parts made me feel less empty in the end. They had a clear ending and I liked that, part 4 had kind-of a clear ending too, but no one knows what happened to characters after that... Part 5 just ended with one scene . What happened to Trish? Did Pollnareff (Or however his name is spelt) meet Jotaro again after that? Nothing is known. Part 6 made me feel the most empty so far, I still liked it though, Part 7 ending made me sad, not too empty as the ending was kinda clear, I did not read Part 8 yet, but I bet it will be another amazing part, though I hope its ending does not make me feel empty. So yeah, I like clear endings, not shallow/empty ones, that is my opinion though. I would rate this part 9/10, fights were amazing and clever, stands were creative,
hough I thought we finally had a boss that had nothing to do with time, I got disappointed at the very end,
the relationship of Gyro and Johnny, the art, dialogues, just amazing! 1 point from the ending though.

@BlackMafia69 it is really good I will even call it my favorite manga but this is technically the 7th part in JoJo's so you might wanna check the other out first. That said this one is set in a different universe than the previous parts

Wait Official? I thought JoJo's Colored Adventure Team did the color?

...Also,

Steel Ball Run is such a master piece.
Araki is a true genius.

Users who are viewing this thread