JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 8 - JoJolion - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Welcome to Morioh Town

Group Leader
@applebox @MartinSpaghetti @DiscordoNoGatsu @kingfairley for everyone asking why, i wanted to try making a smoother translation of jojolion for new readers. i wasn’t satisfied with the other translation and wanted to do my own. yeah, you may have read it already, but a lot of people haven’t. plus what’s the harm in having more options when you start, or rereading a chapter while we wait for the new one?

Thanks for the retranslation, not a big fan of the original translation, so this was a nice read.

Ah yes, multiple same-language translations, one of the bigger forms of praise for a literary work, IMO. This reads great and I was looking for a reason to re-read the series, thanks for the good work.

While I can't say I dislike the HWMN translation, I really don't understand why people are so livid at another person giving it a shot lol

Im happy to see you arent limited to working only in the new montly chapters! and its just in time for a good re-read of jojolion! thanks for your work

and i keep saying this but why people is so mean to dogpark, having more than one translation IS good, even more when there is no "official" translation, it helps to understand better some parts of the manga and the choices of words affect the way one read something, it might seem irrelevant to some but for me its quite exciting and im looking forward for more chapters!

On a side note, one little example of why choices of words are important is in the first page, in HWMN yasuho says "i only ever kissed someone once" while here she says "WE've only kissed once" this dont change anything for this chapter but puts in other perspective yasuho
this makes more sense when we are introduced tooru since it is clear that they were more intimate and had already passed the point of just kissing once
and here we know that yasuho and joshu actually kissed once

Group Leader
@chaz31415 thank you so much for the comment! i really enjoyed reading it and i’m so happy you’re looking forward to more! i’m also glad you’re looking at small differences like that, especially since I don’t refer to the other version when doing mine and so I often miss those things. again, thank you so much for the nice words!! (i have a discord server for this project on the group page btw in case you might be interested! :D)

Users who are viewing this thread