JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 9 - The JOJOLands - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - South King Street

Group Leader
I can't remember since it's been a while since I read/watched part 4 but was it possible for Rohan to use Heaven's Door on himself? There's a couple of people with stands I feel like could actually survive the universe reset, if that's the universe we're following, it's really never been made clear by Araki. One is Notorious B.I.G. since it's immortal, the other being Giorno since his stand is just plain broken after the arrow hit it, and possibly Rohan now too.

Group Leader
So your idea is to make a “fake” camera that’s recording the same thing as the “real” camera?
As I understood it, his power in this case duplicated the camera so it's feeding it a fused video between the left and right camera so it looks blurry and they can't get the facial details right to identify the people.

Dex-chan lover
bro killed everyone off in part 6 just to bring main timeline rohan back. araki loves rohan way too much. if only he had this much love for the protagonist.

Dex-chan lover
If Rohan can continue drawing his manga while time is accelerating, then he can find a way to enter the new universe.

Aggregator gang
As I understood it, his power in this case duplicated the camera so it's feeding it a fused video between the left and right camera so it looks blurry and they can't get the facial details right to identify the people.
The images from the two cameras are actually different too. Check the collars.

Aggregator gang
This is the best reveal ever. My boy is back. And holy shit what if it’s my OG boy (I’d be happy either way). They did say Rohan wasn’t effected by some of made in heaven at least. Go ahead araki just do it looool
That was just a gag that Rohan could still draw manga in accelerated time. And the universe reset has nothing to do with part 7-9.

Aggregator gang
I can't remember since it's been a while since I read/watched part 4 but was it possible for Rohan to use Heaven's Door on himself? There's a couple of people with stands I feel like could actually survive the universe reset, if that's the universe we're following, it's really never been made clear by Araki. One is Notorious B.I.G. since it's immortal, the other being Giorno since his stand is just plain broken after the arrow hit it, and possibly Rohan now too.
First of all, the universe reset didn't kill anyone in part 6. Pucci killed the main group so they couldn't enter the new universe and when Emporio killed Pucci the main characters' different versions lived in the Ireneverse. Second, it has nothing to do with the sbr universe. It's two entirly different universe. Otherwise JoJolion wouldn't make any sense with the Joestar bloodline.

Group Leader
First of all, the universe reset didn't kill anyone in part 6. Pucci killed the main group so they couldn't enter the new universe and when Emporio killed Pucci the main characters' different versions lived in the Ireneverse. Second, it has nothing to do with the sbr universe. It's two entirly different universe. Otherwise JoJolion wouldn't make any sense with the Joestar bloodline.
Jojolion contradicts Steel Ball Run? Mind giving me the chapter page that proves it if you remember? I wanna see it now.

Dex-chan lover
nice rohan-sensei is here
can't wait what kind of thing he will do this time lol

Dex-chan lover
Dawg that is literally just the main timeline rohan what the hell
Well, he looks the same, but Kira didn't kill his nice babysitter here so... also age differences (but Rohan is Japanese, so he may just be immortal like Araki and Sakurai)
Does he even have Heavens' Door here?
This Rohan looks exactly like the original one. Have we ever seen an AU counterpart that looks exactly like the original? If not then what does this mean
To be fair, Araki himself admitting not being able to draw the originals the same anymore with his evolved style. I saw an image of Jotaro in his new style and it is very different, so...
...extra weird.

That said, as others pointed out this is not the first time they look the same, only the first time we are focusing on the character.
Honestly, Rohan became the go-to guy for crossovers with Araki. Good chapter, showing how their system works.

Just found it strange that pink-guy has a Japanese name and stand…
Extra weird for the Stand, really, if you take in account how the only stands based on japanese bands or songs are still from those named using english words. Magenta Magenta, for example (and his brother Luigi Magenta).
So your idea is to make a “fake” camera that’s recording the same thing as the “real” camera?
I really don't understand the logic of the stand making 2 set of cameras/recorded footage.
It's not replacing the original camera, it just makes a second slightly altered footage, and apparently that's enough to invalidate it as evidence? Is that really how it works?
It should be pretty easy to tell which camera footage is real since the fake is suddenly added in just before the gang appears on camera and presumably disappears once they leave.
Looking at it, the image is changed, and their movements are mirrored but not the background. Also, assuming they go to the same monitor, we see it separate but the recordings will probably have them all jambled and unwatchable.
Basically this
Jojolion contradicts Steel Ball Run? Mind giving me the chapter page that proves it if you remember? I wanna see it now.
I think BambuszManus meant SBR and Jojolion are separate from the universe in SO after the reset, since we got the Joestar family tree in Jojolion (and it was even kinda important).

Which... checks out.
Including, chapters of Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan that make it cleat it is from after DiU are also after when the timeline was reset, but Josuke and the rest seem to be unnafected.
I understood it as only the people Pucci (the dead one, Weather is probably the official Pucci now) affected in his life that were changed. Or maybe even just the ones he killed, as if a correction from having been temporarily erased.

About the cops scene, I don't think it is supposed to be a Breaking Bad reference, or at least it is more like both have the same idea:
The idea that cops can't lie in sting operations comes from tv and movies, not real life.
Just like the idea that psychopats are serial killers. Yet here we have Jodio, who is a psychopat yet have never had any interest in killing, even the cops that threatened Dragona he only threatened back.

Dex-chan lover

Diego Brando looks the same as Dio Brando, just different outfit.
we also see this universe Avdol and Stroheinhem on early SBR and they also looks the same as their SO-Universe counterpart.
Araki simply doesn't want to change Rohan design.

Dex-chan lover
1. wth rohan kishibe done here? is this some kind of same exact guy but different? (same personality and profile but diff universe!?)
2. wth is that breaking bad reference? they need to call saul
3. oh no is this that secret cayo perico dlc but instead finesse Germans we finesse their WW2 allies?

anyway I think it's real, araki self insert huh. maybe he went to Hawaii and experienced bad stuff so he writing part 9? jk

Dex-chan lover
1. wth rohan kishibe done here? is this some kind of same exact guy but different? (same personality and profile but diff universe!?)
2. wth is that breaking bad reference? they need to call saul
3. oh no is this that secret cayo perico dlc but instead finesse Germans we finesse their WW2 allies?

anyway I think it's real, araki self insert huh. maybe he went to Hawaii and experienced bad stuff so he writing part 9? jk
we literaly only know that he is a famous mangaka that lives isolated.
As mentioned by others, he is not the first to look the same on both universes (even if Johnny/Johnathan, Kira/Jotaro and Josefumi/Josuke did not. And I'm pretty sure Jodio/Giorno).
But the looks and name is all we have.

Dex-chan lover
we literaly only know that he is a famous mangaka that lives isolated.
As mentioned by others, he is not the first to look the same on both universes (even if Johnny/Johnathan, Kira/Jotaro and Josefumi/Josuke did not. And I'm pretty sure Jodio/Giorno).
But the looks and name is all we have.
Yeahh...

Dex-chan lover
Extra weird for the Stand, really, if you take in account how the only stands based on japanese bands or songs are still from those named using english words. Magenta Magenta, for example (and his brother Luigi Magenta).
I recently saw in the comments of another translation that the name, despite being in japanese, is from a King Crimson song.
Please ignore these arguments.

or don't. Still kinda different that he has japanese songs only when with english-ish names but a song in english with a japanese name?

Users who are viewing this thread