Joshi-man - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - A Highschool Girl is Excited by an Eromanga Artist.

Resident Yuripig
Group Leader
This manga doesn’t really come off like yuri yuri.
Like, it’s gay, and girls, but it doesn’t fall into the tropes and foibles, and has more of a… shoujo-esque structure?
(Absolutely fair to call it “GL”, I guess? That’s not a term in japan.
It’s kinda limiting, too. Maybe things could be about a bisexual love triangle and NOT have spoilers from the genre tag? Something I bumped into once or twice. Kinda takes the tension out of it)

I’m being pretty pedantic, but BL (in Japan) and yuri are kinda entrenched in a structure and vibe. Historically, they have had some really problematic weirdness in the way they handled things, but the structure is still in place for a lot of things.
Even really grounded, realistic stuff can follow those patterns, though. thank Gd things are getting better at making sense, such as BL having gayness being a thing in the world, not something that the main characters invented, with “you’re an exception“ in there for good measure, and romance not involving SA, orr yuri where gayness isn’t the norm and men exist, but they can still follow those patterns.
Something that’s been a change I’ve seen on pixiv is queer stuff that not only lies outside those tropes, but isn’t even in those sections. “Romance”, “gag comedy”, “slice of life”…
Shit just being gay, without being cookie-cutter.

I’m not saying THIS isn’t doing tropey things, but it’s not giving me the vibes of something where side character end up getting together, and then the class president is involved with the school nurse, and ”relationship troubles” are “one girl completely alienates her girlfriend and goes off to do something, finds out she prefers her girlfriend to doing whatever, then things go back to normal, then a transfer student who was in America for years shows up and starts hitting on one of them”.

I doesn’t know what this is, really. Aside, right now, “cringe”
Absolutely fair to call it “GL”, I guess? That’s not a term in japan.

It absolutely IS a term in Japan, tho...
Hell, there's even a bunch of regional festivals called Girls Love Festivals (https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/GirlsLoveFestival). I'm not sure what exactly you were trying to say when you said that, tbh...

Dex-chan lover
It absolutely IS a term in Japan, tho...
Hell, there's even a bunch of regional festivals called Girls Love Festivals (https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/GirlsLoveFestival). I'm not sure what exactly you were trying to say when you said that, tbh...
Sweet! I’m glad that it’s now a thing.
Still not a thing in online stores, but I’m glad things are getting more generalised. Maybe the tropes with dissipate and it will become just a thing in
but note that it says “yuri/girls love elements/works with girl-girl pairings” (yes, I used Google translate, I have the flu, my head is swimming, and even English is a bit much for me rn). I spent paragraphs talking about genres, tropes, realism…

If you didn’t read the rest of it, just say that.
If you did read it and don’t get it, forget it.

Dex-chan lover
Yep, you're the worst

I know you can make it up to her, though

Edit- forgot i already commented lol

Dex-chan lover
isnt this series complete? i thought there was only 15 chapters.
Oh. That’s unexpectedly short. I thought the romance would bubble longer and lil miss no-self-esteem would struggle more.

Power Uploader
okay cool do you have any idea where to read the raws at by chance?
if you dont know how to search up the raws in japanese idt you'll get much out of reading the raws, but if you're really keen i got em' on jp amazon. They're probably also on bookwalker, and bookwalker takes international purchases without the need for any dubious methods so thats probably your best bet. there should be a link to retailers with the book on the md page. We're trying to get this wrapped up so if you dont mind waiting you might be better off waiting but i wish you luck

Dex-chan lover
if you dont know how to search up the raws in japanese idt you'll get much out of reading the raws, but if you're really keen i got em' on jp amazon. They're probably also on bookwalker, and bookwalker takes international purchases without the need for any dubious methods so thats probably your best bet. there should be a link to retailers with the book on the md page. We're trying to get this wrapped up so if you dont mind waiting you might be better off waiting but i wish you luck
I do know how to search them up I was just wondering if there was any free ones thats all and yea i dont mind waiting i was just curious thats all.

Users who are viewing this thread