Josou Off-Kai (Pre-Serialization) - Ch. 5

Power Uploader
hF1O6IV.png

Well, this is a new way to translate it.

Dex-chan lover
Imagine actually having the genetics to become a new self like that. Lucky.

Power Uploader
@Midoriha
I think people severely underestimate the extend to which it is common for people to be able to do that.

People often act that the level of natural androgyny needed to pass as the opposite sex with some different styling is exceptional, whereas I'd argue that about half of adults if not more can do so, and with the younger and elder the number only goes up.

Especially in Japan, which is a country where the population is generally physically not very sexually dimorphic, but styling very much is, which makes it all the easier.

You will note that many of the convincing crossdressers on, say, r/crossdressing do not have a particularly unusually androgynous face at all when they're in their normal clothes, but they're quite convincing when they put in the effort:

234eefb729ebb6749f6bad1dd5670982.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I've seen translators use the male/female symbols after "I" in a few TG/CD manga recently and it honestly feels the most natural way to do it and doesnt break the flow at all. There's only so many times I can read a TL note or I(Boku) etc lol

Users who are viewing this thread