Jujutsu Kaisen - Ch. 236 - Heading South

What? xd Gojo was blocking other characters development, its sad, but good that he died. Can't wait for next chapter.
The issue is nobody is even close to Gojo's power level so now there's nothing stopping Sukuna from just going and killing everyone. Author wrote themselves into a corner for the shock value and now they need an ass pull for everyone to just not die.

Double-page supporter
But last chapter literally ended with Gojo won then this chapter starts with him already dead. And they’re all saying Sukuna was holding back the whole time but the way it was narrated was he couldn’t keep up. I agree Gojo was way too strong but a way better solution would be to have Sukuna takeover Gojo’s body. All problems solved and the villain becomes insanely powerful.
Not only Sukuna needed to preserve his energy in order to not get murdered in the aftermath, he also haven't fully awaken. If memory is not failing, Sukuna lacks the last piece of his soul and Megumi's body has to be refined to Sukuna's standards. When alive, Sukuna was stronger.

did we freak'n miss a chapter or something

did Sukuna's fancy new space and time technique cut through chapters too?!?!
Yep, cuz gege is trolling around saying they forgot to draw another chapter due to the break they took

Nobody criticizes his death. It‘s the WAY he died. It‘s just awful storytelling all around. Dude just off-paneled the 2nd most popular character’s death lmao. I just can‘t believe how bad the Japanese are at writing endings to their stories.
Another mangaka that will likely stain his opus magnum with a fumbled ending. No way will the defeat of Sukuna be anything other than a massive asspull.
who's the 1st most popular character? I thought Gojo is the 1st at least according to the recent survey I read (but it encompassed all-around anime not just jjk)

The reason Gojo said that "you should've cut my head off" to Toji was because unlike Cursed Energy, Reversal cursed energy is created in the brain, while Reversal Cursed Energy can heal most things, it cannot bring the dead back. Especially, considering that Gojo was split in half which is a very different scenario compared to getting stabbed in various body parts like Toji did. Also, it was already mentioned that his healing has become very slow because reversal cursed energy has highly plummeted, I highly doubt he is going to get revived by any means.

Also, I believe it would really go against the story to bring back the dead back, the manga really captures that deaths aren't some glorified and romanticized ending, death is just part of the life and it can come to all and it will at any moment, Neither the mighty Honoured one, Satoru Gojo can escape the shackles of his death. While Satoru's death might not be the very satisfying one, it was very much in the nature of the manga which we are reading. By the way, I, myself, don't like his death infact I kind of started crying, I was in a somber mood for straight

The reason Gojo said that "you should've cut my head off" to Toji was because unlike Cursed Energy, Reversal cursed energy is created in the brain, while Reversal Cursed Energy can heal most things, it cannot bring the dead back. Especially, considering that Gojo was split in half which is a very different scenario compared to getting stabbed in various body parts like Toji did. Also, it was already mentioned that his healing has become very slow because reversal cursed energy has highly plummeted, I highly doubt he is going to get revived by any means.

Also, I believe it would really go against the story to bring back the dead back, the manga really captures that deaths aren't some glorified and romanticized ending, death is just part of the life and it can come to all and it will at any moment, Neither the mighty Honoured one, Satoru Gojo can escape the shackles of his death. While Satoru's death might not be the very satisfying one, it was very much in the nature of the manga which we are reading. By the way, I, myself, don't like his death infact I kind of started crying, I was in a somber mood for straight two days because of his death.
Didn't yuuta bring Yuuji back from the dead after killing him using his RCT? Just like when sukuna brought yuuji back after tearing his heart. Tho it might be because yuuji is just built differently, the sukuna factor, and the mary sue halo since he's the MC. So I agree with all that you said.

While I don't want him to die, him being dead is a good development too.
They way Gege handled it is just a massive disappointment.
There was no foreshadowing or anything, he's just suddenly dead, it feels like Gege does this just for the shock factor.
It's just weird considering he killed off Nanami, another great character, just fine. We saw him being weathered down before being finished off.
this! Totally agree about the shock factor. Particularly bcs just the chapter before Kusakabe was saying Gojo won. It's just like the way for the mangaka to play around. Especially since after that gege released a comment about forgetting to draw a chapter which sounds every way meant to be a trolling comment everyone could see through. Which is why the opinions are so factioned between people thinking it's finally gojover or not. If gege did it like Nanami or maybe even Tsukumo (who's death is literally meaningless), ppl won't really be questioning it, badwriting skill aside. But then there are comments about how Gege always hates Gojo and has been trying to get rid of him since long ago, unlike Nanami, which to me just sounds like some childish arguments really.

Dex-chan lover
who's the 1st most popular character? I thought Gojo is the 1st at least according to the recent survey I read (but it encompassed all-around anime not just jjk)
Gojo, Megumi and Yuji were always in the Top 3 in the manga polls iirc, just traded places from poll to poll.

Also, it was already mentioned that his healing has become very slow because reversal cursed energy has highly plummeted, I highly doubt he is going to get revived by any means.
Let me preface this by saying that I have lost nearly all hope for a potential revival from Gojo.

But, Gojo has regained his reverse cursed technique output from the black flashes, as stated by Kusakabe at the end of chapter 235.

Then again, cursed energy is stated to originate from the gut. CE * CE = RCE, so I'm not completely sure whether he can still use reverse cursed technique to it's fullest capability. We will see soon enough.

Dex-chan lover
i put off reading this because of all the bad reactions i saw. honestly if i read the chapter in isolation, it's not as bad as i thought (but my standard for JJK is low at this pt, it's kinda garbage). the art even looks like the character designs from long ago, so it actually feels nostalgic to see Nanami and Geto. Gojo gassing up Sukuna is barf but at least he isn't doing it to his face (leak comments made me think he literally prostrates himself before Sukuna lol).

the implication that Gojo only cared about being the best at jujutsu makes me sad. maybe i'm reading it wrong, maybe i'd see the signs differently if i re-read JJK. but i thought what made Gojo cool was that he's powerful but still cares about society at large. i think they could've framed the sentiments in this chapter better. maybe explained how "selfishly, this is a question i always wanted the answer to" instead of "actually, this is all i was deep down." i can't tell what the author is trying to say.

it's worth noting the version of Gojo + friends in this chapter is when they were younger, simpler, and happier. that's a time where Gojo definitely only cared about being the best. the version of Gojo in the present feels like it matured from that after the encounter with Toji + becoming a teacher, so that's where the dissonance lies. if this is truly the end for Gojo, the version we remember as a 'teacher' will never get proper reconciliation.

gonna be honest, i still don't understand how Gojo showed Sukuna love. are empathy and love the same thing? this chapter didn't reflect well on either character. the villains in JJK have not felt satisfying since Mahito. Kenjaku and Sukuna are just so 'above it all' and i'm tired of it. i miss Yuuji and i'm tired of seeing his helpless wtf face at the end of every chapter. when's my guy gonna get to do anything? if Gege wants to end the manga so badly why can't he show more scenes with characters we like so we can wrap this shit up? lol

Dex-chan lover
So... I guess the only ways to stop Sukuna now are the angel and whatever ends up being the result of tengen's transformation? Because unless they pull some bs "Megumi is still somewhere there limiting my real power", the cast has no chance

Double-page supporter
Didn't yuuta bring Yuuji back from the dead after killing him using his RCT? Just like when sukuna brought yuuji back after tearing his heart. Tho it might be because yuuji is just built differently, the sukuna factor, and the mary sue halo since he's the MC. So I agree with all that you said.
Yuta "only" stabbed Yuji and instantly healed his heart.
Sukuna and Yuji were right on the verge of death back at the beginning.
Gojo on the other hand has been BISECTED.

Users who are viewing this thread