Jujutsu Kaisen - Ch. 236 - Heading South

v3

Aggregator gang
Terrible chapter with terrible implications for the future of the series

Fed-Kun's army
Expected in some ways, the standard op teacher needs to be shelved away somehow.

Dex-chan lover
What? xd Gojo was blocking other characters development, its sad, but good that he died. Can't wait for next chapter.
Nobody criticizes his death. It‘s the WAY he died. It‘s just awful storytelling all around. Dude just off-paneled the 2nd most popular character’s death lmao. I just can‘t believe how bad the Japanese are at writing endings to their stories.
Another mangaka that will likely stain his opus magnum with a fumbled ending. No way will the defeat of Sukuna be anything other than a massive asspull.

Dex-chan lover
Anybody know of the chances for Gojo to turn into a curse? I recall seeing somewhere that special grades need special disposal, but can't put a finger on where.

Fed-Kun's army
I mean, I doubt Gojo is actually dead. He told Toji that the only reason he didn't win was because Toji didn't cut off his head so... Even then there are still so many ways he could come back.

Anybody know of the chances for Gojo to turn into a curse? I recall seeing somewhere that special grades need special disposal, but can't put a finger on where.
i think this only applies if one normal people with no cursed kills users cursed technique like Naoko as he is killed by his mother so this made him become cursed spirit

i'm sorry
200-7a19e91c-3048-4df2-a9c9-12b6a4fb2864.png

ngl if gege keeps gojo dead after writing it like this, this'll be a really really bad step for the manga, especially considering this is such a major fight to dismiss his death. I'll give him a couple of chapters but if this really is his climax for gojo its a cheap way to deliver things since there are so many unanswered questions. Have a few reservations as well about my crackpot copium theories:

Gojo's ego during the "afterlife" is a big assassination of his central beliefs throughout the manga. He goes from wanting to be a cocky dude who is the modern-day strongest and wanting to change the jujutsu world from the higher-ups to glazing sukuna when he loses. A key point here though is that he changes his attitude again when confronted when Nanami. In comparison, geto consoles gojo which makes gojo concede his ego, very different from gojo's attitude prior. After listening to nanami gojo understands that he's not actively trying to reject his defeat and is instead giving up, the panel of him looking with determination and him saying "I see" feels like a realization rather than a concession. This leads to believe that he'll come back, (why is there so much emphasis/care about this conversation if Gojo's gonna die anyway, it just creates more unanswered questions?)

I think this is gojo's push to actually take the north and awaken himself. When he fought toji he awakened his pure, total jujutsu potential, but he has not awakened his physical potential of his mind, which multiple characters have done like yuta, accepting his role with rika and learning to make connections/friends, hakari, who always takes life as a gamble, maki rejecting the zenin standards, etc. Which aligns with the core theme of JJK. Also, while toji refined his jujutsu abilities, he's never had a rival in the jujutsu world, so this shatters his mental and requires him to retreat back to his teenage years to find inspiration to beat sukuna.

yeah or gege just kills him off which is pretty wild lmfao. Can't wait for hakari to pop domain only for sukuna to cleave his head off.
Really hope kashimo has some great moments considering how hyped his domain and cursed technique have been teased, hopefully a madara vs. might guy situation for him since his entrance was really dope

Gosh that’s a bit overly brutal for everyone’s favorite character.
On the bright side, at least it’s not vertical cut…

Users who are viewing this thread