Jujutsu Kaisen - Ch. 258 - Inhuman Makyo Shinjuku Showdown, Part 30

This Chapter gave me some hope that Gege didn't turn into a complete fraud but still follows some sort of plan.

It is now explained why Yuta said they "cheated" when Sukuna asked how they got so strong this fast and makes Yuuji being this strong at least somewhat reasonable.
Also good to see that we are about to get an explanation on how Sukuna was able to wield flames vs Jogo.

Still, the fact that Sukuna just managed to open his domain again out of nowhere and somehow everyone knowing it will only hold exactly 99 seconds is yet another massive asspull.

This Chapter gave me some hope that Gege didn't turn into a complete fraud but still follows some sort of plan.

It is now explained why Yuta said they "cheated" when Sukuna asked how they got so strong this fast and makes Yuuji being this strong at least somewhat reasonable.
Also good to see that we are about to get an explanation on how Sukuna was able to wield flames vs Jogo.

Still, the fact that Sukuna just managed to open his domain again out of nowhere and somehow everyone knowing it will only hold exactly 99 seconds is yet another massive asspull.
from the videos I see Sukuna's domain is literally a kitchen, which really makes sense if you think about it. chop, cleave, and oven. the hints just kinda get lost in translation

Dex-chan lover

The massive asspull is the soul swap thing, like that sht came out of nowhere. Even the limit of 2 soul swaps lol

Double-page supporter
I must say, this fight is a mess. I believe Gege planned Gojo vs Sukuna but forgot to prepare the terrain for what would happen next. Ever since they started fighting a bunch of new information that should've been introduced beforehand was thrown at our face as if an intelligent plot. Also, the amount flashbacks is just a slaughter to the fight dynamics. Every single chapter we get a new stop, a new flashback, new convenient background and a new turn that will be disregarded in the next chapter.

Also, Sukuna has the upper hand since Uraume and she losing with such versatile technic is unlikely.

Dex-chan lover
'Plot Armor' the manga, continues as usual, I see. Who will have the most asspulls? So far it's Sukuna by a wide margin, but Yuuji is closing the distance a bit.

Dex-chan lover
The massive asspull is the soul swap thing, like that sht came out of nowhere. Even the limit of 2 soul swaps lol
it was hinted before the fight started, and the fact that Yuuji ate his brothers too, eventually we'll get an explanation of why the arms look like that too I suppose or what the other characters learned from the soul swap... But I thought it would be a technique from someone we haven't seen before, not Ui.

The only bullshit here is Sukuna's impromptu binding vow, and any other similar vows, like who says next time he comes up with a binding vow that makes your balls explode ? apparently they can be made at any time, is the key for bullshittery.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure how it's an asspull and came out of nowhere when we literally had a panel of Yuji and Kusakabe switching bodies before Gojo vs Sukuna even started

Dex-chan lover
this one wasn't too bad from john werry (still need to fire him tho, he makes a sentence that could be made simple and absolutely destroys it) regardless of the horrible translator, giant W kinda seems like a asspull but idgaf 😭 😭 💯 💯 💯 Sukuna the goat

Dex-chan lover
it was hinted before the fight started, and the fact that Yuuji ate his brothers too, eventually we'll get an explanation of why the arms look like that too I suppose or what the other characters learned from the soul swap... But I thought it would be a technique from someone we haven't seen before, not Ui.

The only bullshit here is Sukuna's impromptu binding vow, and any other similar vows, like who says next time he comes up with a binding vow that makes your balls explode ? apparently they can be made at any time, is the key for bullshittery.
JJK really likes to sow seeds of ideas that the manga will explore later. It's one chekhov's gun after the other. BUT this is manga we're talking about, a shonen one at that. The kids reading this shit have no attention spam and forgot anything that was introduced in the manga more than 20 chapters ago and can't understand shit about whats going on in a fight if theres no side-character that only exists to dump exposition on whats going on.
So even if a character does something thats 100% coherent universe-wise, people will call it an asspul because they don't even know what they're reading, they're looking at cool drawings and reading cool one liners that are written in bold text.

JJK is NOT a masterpiece, it's good at best, ok at worse. And I agree binding vows just exist for characters to pull things out of their arse. Also Black Flashes are literally critical strikes like in a RPG but this is a book so the author decides when these crits happen so yeah you can kinda see how things go.

Aggregator gang
Some very light foreshadowing doesnt any bullshit op insane ability ok. Tbh for quute some time that's been gege main strategy. Act like it was the plan all along and give some random character the most op ass ability.. until it faces sukuna and lasts a single chapter.

Yet another John Werry masterclass translation, I only had some of my brain come out through my nose trying to read it.

Aggregator gang
D---Did John combine Kamado (furnace/stove) with Kamino (the pronunciation Gege wants) to write "Divine Flame"?

And the fact that it doesn't change the body physically. Mahito state that the souls shapes the body, so why does it matter whether the box was opened or not? Gege needs to try harder tbh

Dex-chan lover
I didn't expect the teleport kid to have that kind of power, but otherwise, since it's been hinted that Itadori have swap body at some point, this development is not too surprising. I'm interested to see who's the second person going to be?

Dex-chan lover
Why is everything an asspull to some people? The only things I’d really say are like that would be the binding vows. Everything else feels pretty logical with the setup that was made previously in the manga. Like what more do you expect???
When you're reading these over such a long period of time, very slight foreshadowing that's integral to the entire plot gets annoying

It's one chekhov's gun after the other.
I know you guys like to use this term, but you have to udnerstand it to use it properly. Chekov's gun is a type of story with no loose ends. Where every situation is essential to the story. But here we have just situations that may or may not be used by Gege later on but some of them are left behind.

For example:

American army which appeared for like 2 chapters? got wiped out and never got mentioned again. And there was no consequence of that nor reaction of USA for it.

Or filler character Kashimo, which appeared only to get beaten TWICE and had zero impact on the plot.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread