July Found by Chance

Okay, I was expecting a little angst but damn, this angst is so good and sad and right on my heart... the entire storyline is so amazing but sometimes I just wanted scream, be it because the fluff or the angst

As someone who read the webtoon prior to watching the kdrama, I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed with the drama with the changes they've made... This is one of my favorite webtoons though so I hope my opinion will get better as I watch it (I'm on episode 3) and get used to the changes :(

(My petpeeves:
how they changed danohs personality, and how haru already knows danoh before she even knew of him -- which sucks because my favorite chapter about how haru fell in love with danoh is totally being contradicted
)

EDITING TO ADD MORE HAHA
the infirmary scene (haru's words missing) and ESPECIALLY the rock scene.... i haven't continued watching it since i've been busy but i think they also gave fairy's story to haru.. which i'm a bit irked by

I'm very biased towards this webtoon, but ignoring the changes and watching it as a stand-alone, it's a pretty good and solid drama!!

thankyou traumerei scans for translating July, I was about to ask for spoilers but @dorchestra did it with a doc. Thankyou for the hardwork!!!

I was going crazy bcos I want to know the ending of the manhwa so I can compare w/ the drama😂 (
now it makes sense why there was historical bits in it
)

I didn't check the genre and thought this is romcom webtoon .I f*cked up

I cried so much. Please let Haru and Danoh live happily 😭😭😭 my heart aches everytime i see their pained expressions. What a well built manhwa ❤️ Definitely one of my fav

Double-page supporter
Wao I just watched the drama and can confirm the drama team just took the idea from this webtoon and made a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STORY.

@dorchestra
I'm having mixed feelings with that epilogue... And
Dohwa commiting suicide... Why... It's not even his fault... Makes me think that the drama did him better imo.
I'm not a big fan of the drama but I appreciate how they gave haru a more distinct character. Not a fan of how they made BaeKyung into a real a$shole tho, among many other things.
the drama became a typical love triangle story compared to this angst-driven manhwa

@scarlet_summer
Dohwa did it so he could forget everything. We know by now that once someone dies in the tails, he/she loses her memories and his/her consciousness. He now knows he somehow put Juda in that situation because that should have been him. And knowing everything his family did to Juda's family, he feels like he doesn't have the right to love her because he felt so guilty. His pain comes from knowing everything, knowing he can't do anything and being guilty of it. It's too much to bear. Thus, he chose to just forget everything. It's not that he wanted to die per se, but he wanted to forget everything. I still prefer the Dohwa in the webtoon though, for his innocence and depth that led him to make that drastic decision. It was just too hard for him.

@MianneChan
I believe that when you die during tails, you get your memories you spent in tails erased but your memories from heads stay intact. That's just my assumption tho since the only time that Dan-Oh and Haru are together is during tails. And even with Dried Squid Fairy, he only met his love during tails as shown during his flashback.

P.S. Do correct me if I am wrong please, I just love talks like this. Thank You 🙏😊

Users who are viewing this thread