June 2018: Official MangaDex Art!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
@leoleoleoleo
That entry is too daggone cute! I think I developed ovaries. Definitely the cutest entry yet~

@failninja21
I suppose it'll be at the very top of the page, above the nav bar, but please don't hold me to that. @Holo may have other ideas.

Staff
Super Moderator
@virtual
Super cute entry! It reminds of Himaru, for some reason. :v

Keep up the good work guys! You've got almost 2 weeks left before entries are closed for judging.

Staff
Super Moderator
@caprisun
Dunno if this is on my end or not but your image links are currently broken. =(

Staff
Super Moderator
@legatius
Stellar entry as usual! I'm digging the cat themed stuff.

As for everyone else, I want you to know that while the thread may not be very active, @Plykiya and @Lymus, amongst others, are watching this thread and discussing their favorite artwork. Help me nag them into this thread!

Staff
Super Moderator
Just a reminder that everyone has until midnight of June 24th to submit their entries!

It's coming up fast. =)

I have absolutely no idea what a manga-website mascot should be like ?
Brainstormed yesterday and ended up with a design like this:

f4AkUmx.png

Any feedback is welcome.

Staff
Super Moderator
@Arene
This is a great entry! Just remember, if you want to enter your work, you must post it here and be sure to follow the rules set in the OP.

@Zephyrus I'm aware. I'm just posting here as this is not the final entry. And I've only given the logo/banner a minimum effort at this point of time.

Edit1. Actually, one question. I don't know if this has come up somewhere already, but is transparent bg okay? I would imagine it's beneficial but you never know.

Staff
Super Moderator
@Arene
I'd say it's ok.

Wow @caprisun! Great entry. It's going to be super tough to judge all of these.

Such great entries! I don't think I have time to do one of my own, but I'm more than happy with these. I think top picks for me are definitely @legatius latest cat entry (both the sleeping and reading one) and both of @caprisun entries so far.

Legatius - I think it might be that I'm partial to the minimal and clean website we've had so far, but I'm very drawn to the simplicity of these designs. The concepts are so cute as well! Both the cat sleeping on a book (which also looks like bamboo to me haha) and the cat reading are so sharp and attractive. As logos I think both work excellently, and I like the simplicity of the banner as well. If I were to nitpick I'd say the sleeping cat has a few awkward points that could be tweaked, such as the bump on the forehead and something about how the tail and body meet, and on darker backgrounds the right edge on the second logo gets a little muddled. For the mascot, it's cute but the style and color difference between the logo and mascot is pretty jarring. overall this just may be my favorite!

Caprisun - Entry #1. I'm a fan of the circular logo and I think the combination of logo and mascot in the banner is very nice. I'm unsure of how I feel about a banner used on the site, but I think yours are really excellent. Color-wise it's soft and fits right in with sites like baka-updates, which isn't necessarily a bad thing I think (I certainly use both in tandem frequently). I think this entry has the mascot I'm most on board with. As criticism, I like the logo with everything, but on it's own it feels like it may have a bit too much dead space but that could just be me. Also may still be a little light for dark bg users.

Entry #2. Really liking this logo combing M and X. Once again, I love the minimal design, and I think it's very easy to alter the color scheme if monochrome isn't well received. A small nitpick I have would be to maybe see some slight alt versions playing around more with width/height proportions or line thickness? As is is already good but I can't help but wonder if a little tweaking would improve it. Not sure how I feel on the mascot, I think I prefer the style and coloring of the previous entry more. Once again, a great banner! You really put all the pieces together nicely with background and all.

woof that went on much longer than I intended but I hope this somehow comes in handy. Overall I was mostly drawn to logos, banners second (though I'm iffy on their actual use), and mascots I'm a bit ambivalent on. Good luck choosing the winners! whether its one person takes all or a mix, there's plenty to choose from. and good job everyone on the excellent entries!

Staff
Super Moderator
@DesertAvenger
I'm very sorry, but you were late by 20 minutes.

However, since this is our first contest, I'll be generous this once since you are the only late entry. In the future all other late entries will be removed from consideration for winning.

Fed-Kun's army
i'm really loving all the different designs from the various artist! Some made me laugh too! I'm looking forward to what eventually gets picked to represent the site! WOO!!!

Not apart of the competition or anything, it's just extra cat eye candy :)... I heard a wish about incorporating more manga/book themes, I had free time and was bored. Feel free to disregard. @Zephyrus
Poq0oTv.jpg

Staff
Super Moderator
@leoleoleoleo
Dammit. I think I spontaneously developed ovaries. Those are so damn cute! It really is a shame you weren't able to put those designs in your submission. I might steal one of those as my personal avatar, depending on how the contest goes, if you're cool with that.

VIP
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YYAY
I don't know how to express my happiness in words!!!! I'm glad you guys liked my entries I had a lot of fun working on them!!! I'm curious to see how the site is going to be combining the entries :O

y6deRrX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread