June 2019: Get Animated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Hey folks, it's been a long time since we've run a contest. But we're back with a fun, new contest with some cool prizes!

Since Discord Boosting has launched, 25 awesome people have chosen to boost our Discord, which has given us some cool features! Among them is the ability to feature an animated Discord icon.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a fabulous animated Discord icon and potentially win these prizes:

1. The VIP role on Discord and MangaDex, which we only hand out to users who have contributed in a large way to MD.
2. @Lymus will be offering a AAA game from his game list, as usual!
3. A MD mousemat from our shop!

As always, we have a few rules to guide you:

1. All animated icons must be safe for work.
2. Your work must be original. Plagiarism is an instant disqualification.
3. The animated icon must obviously be related to MD. You can use our current logo, our mascot, our forum cats, and anything that someone can instantly look at and think, "Hey, that reminds me of MD!"
4. Discord recommends that the resolution of your icon be 512x512.
5. File size limit is 8MB.

Entrants will have until 12:00 AM, July 7th, Eastern Standard Time, to submit their work. Any entry after this time will be disqualified. We will then open voting to the public for 3 days in the form of a poll.

Please post your entry here: https://mangadex.org/thread/148721
Current icon for reference: https://i.imgur.com/9CZSK4D.png

Also, please ping me so I'm aware of your entry.

Have fun!

Staff
Super Moderator
@DeathCards
Discord recommends a resolution of 512x512. I updated the OP to reflect this. Thanks for asking!

Can you update the first post and include some of the official mascot and other existing art assets for reference?

Staff
Super Moderator
@Sock
An excellent idea. I wasn't thinking! We'll post the assets as soon as I can figure out where we stored them.

Group Leader
8MB max size? Well, here goes my plan to export to lossless alpha. avi

Can't Draw nor Animate, but i think it'd be a cool idea to use the Cat from the Web Icon and make a moving tail or something along the lines of that, maybe some SFX for purring.

Group Leader
I want to try doing the mascot character with her glasses doing the anime glasses light reflecting things that the pans to the right to see the mascot cat with the same glasses thing going on

but im too lazy to do all that

Staff
Super Moderator
Some excellent entries so far. Keep it up guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread