Just Leave Me Be - Vol. 1 Ch. 16

"Being by your side is more than enough for me"

Given the context of the situation (that the duke is healed by Karina), the duke is technically just saying the truth sjjsjsjdjjsjjdjds

Dex-chan lover
... I hope she can be with him as Adele.

Edit @Lazeran she doesn't want to continue pretending to be the dead daughter. She wants to run away and be called Adele. If she marries him, as of now, she'd have to live under her current name and family forever. Exactly the opposite of what she wants

Dex-chan lover
She doesnt want to marry him as "karina" but as adele. Her identity is more important to her than her life. But hexion is aggressive and i trust he'll get her out of there

I was frustrated at first cuz the author gave her such a bs excused for not accepting his proposal, it seemed lik obvious plot armor to me. I feel lik instead mc should’ve been lik “I can’t trust somebody I’ve only just met a couple of days ago “ I think that’s better and it would’ve made sense that she’d have trust issues after coming back from being assassinated by her own “father.”

mc: i want to leave this role as soon as possible
also mc: i’m going to actively avoid a way to get out of this role

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it's that hard to understand?

She wants to be free from being "Karina" before doing something that will be with her until she dies, something like marriage. That's because that isn't "Adele's" but "Karina's".

Sometimes, a sense of identity is much better than a sense of living for a person, albeit subjective.

Damnnn I really like the fl for refusing him, and good job ml for making them waiting them lol

Yeah i think she refusing because even she ended up with Grand Duke, it will be "Karina" name, not "Adele"

Ah the typical rejection of a Korean webtoon. I must be crazy to think she would accept, because the story will end to soon. I bet in the near future the "father" will arrange marriage of her and the typical plot of the Grand Duke stopping it and she reject him again and the plot repeats.

Users who are viewing this thread