Just Leave Me Be - Vol. 1 Ch. 32

man idk what will happen but im kinda glad she stood up ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜” her entire family can just go die

OMG when they said end of s1, my heart just dropped ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ thank goodness it was a joke lol
And thank you so much for this episode, we know you're dying but we can't stop ourselves for loving this manhwa and being excited about the next chapter !!

Dex-chan lover
Omg that joke is bad for my heart ๐Ÿ˜ญ
But thanks for update, cant wait for the next one!

Okay can someone please remind me and/or explain to me again why they hate her so much? Like, what is with them, that is an unnatural amount of hatred for, as far as I remember, no reason.
I remember the mother hating her because she's an illigitimate child, but the rest?

SHE HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS KINDA SHT FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS ARE YOU KIDDING ME, THIS CRAZY AASSHOLE

Adele bb you can do it, don't put up with this anymore, you've got fairy blessing & two bloodthirsty MLs at your back, go get your freedom & ruin this family & the shtty emperor too, they all deserve it

@KathyClysm The mother started hating her & abusing her after she found out Adele is the illegitimate child of the shtty Duke, who never cared. The brother probably saw his mom doing so & followed her behavior, thinking it's just right to bully her, she's replaced my real sister. Both of them couldn't go against the shtty Duke's plot & are taking out all their stress on Adele.

Even if Adele does nothing, she gets all the blame just for being too weak to resist.

Dex-chan lover
@KathyClism Yes, that's what bothers me as well.

Sure, to them she's just a pawn they want to use.
There's still no reason to be this abusive. It feels like they're being evil just because. Even if they are born sadists or something, you'd expect them to torment peasants that have no means and won't be missed or similar.
Adele is still, for all intent and purposes, a public figure. She goes outside, she attends school, she talks to other nobles. There's no reason to abuse her so much and risk that their misdeeds somehow spread outside of the family. Remeber she was hit and had to go to an event with a bruise on her face. Why would you ever do that? That's stupid, you're just risking exposure.

I feel it detracts from the story honestly. Feels like the author is trying to be dramatic just because. The author could have given her family an actual reason for them to hate her, or at least make most of the abuse only psychological. Like this, it just feels recklessly stupid on their part. And do note, the brother is so insane he goes and blows up a door and a wall of their estate right in front of the father, and the father doesn't really say anything to that.

I get what the author is going for, but he's really asking me a strong suspension of disbelief. More than cold and abusive, the family seems batshit crazy and you have to wonder why they're all still alive.

Group Leader
Well now Hexion gets to murder her entire family. Yay!

More likely that those spies will come in and save her

@Nehona Exactly, plus especially if they think of her as a pawn, it is beyond stupid to actively endanger her life - which would render her useless as a pawn. I get light abuse, neglect, insults and stuff, but the Duke is full-on watching is deranged son attempt to murder is best pawn and is doing nothing, and that just confuses me.

If Hexion got word of her brother coming home, he probably rushed to see if she was ok and will catch her...... Not: that would be too convenient even for plot's sake. Maybe one of the guys watching her will risk his skin (because Jin's orders seem to be absolute) and help her...?

But there must be something wrong with that family... All of them are psychopaths! ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

@KathyClysm I mean abusers and bullies rarely have a reason or what they do except maybe power tripping. The FL being illegitimate might have been the "excuse" in the beginning but ultimately it doesn't matter. The duke's son would've found something else probably, or someone else.

In this particular chapter my line of thinking is that neither the duke nor the duke's son is thinking of this situation as particularly important - "of course" he won't actually kill her, there could be some serious consequences to that. But put anyone in that type of lifethreatening situation and they likely won't think straight and realize how empty the threat is - and even if the do, after a lifetime of abuse, few would mouth back ("you won't actually kill me") in such a situation. The guy might not kill her, but he can still hurt her - especially if she offends him - which I'm sure she knows. I guess that's why he's doing this, he wants her to be scared. Except she isn't scared anymore and she's turning the tables. The entire family has a flair for the dramatic, to be sure. Kinda curious how she's planning on surviving that fall. More fairy magics?

And I guess the duke isn't curtailing his son cause then it'd look like he's taking the FL's side? Or something. That fucker is stonecold

The father was already hard to love but now he just doesn't have any excuse he's just a bastard watching his daughter being bullied and murdured.

Users who are viewing this thread