Juuou to Yakusou - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - We're Off to Join the Adventurers Guild

Dex-chan lover
What? Where does that come from?
The whole idea of getting more out of helping things you once viewed only as profit/live stock to be slaughtered. They could've made all the demons humanoid like lion man, but most of them so far have been closer to animal in form. Treatment even looking similar to wildlife vet rescues/ animal docus story angles (grieving mother over dead offspring, seen several of these between whales, elephants, rhinos, apes, gorillas, etc). Could just be what the author's drawing from giving an unintended deeper meaning but it's been pretty consistent with that angle so far.

Supporter
They could've made all the demons humanoid like lion man, but most of them so far have been closer to animal in form.
Not trying to rain on your idea overmuch, but the series does sort of draw a line between "monsters" and "demons", and you seem to be confusing the two (though I could be misunderstanding). We've seen very few actual demons up to the point the translation's gotten to. There's Mikage (who most people actually assumed was human at first, though his "true form" appears less so, granted) and a silhouette of what looks like a young woman with horns in chapter 2 and El-Domo in the same chapter (who is in control of a crow's body, but we see his apparent true face in one panel, which makes him look like an elf), and Daedalus the Machine King in chapter 5 who is covered in bricks and such but I would describe as a humanoid build.

"Monsters" are things like the Ruby Dragon, Al-Majika, Gigantoad, etc. They're definitely more "animal"-like, though, so I definitely get where you're coming from the "veterinary" part. Maybe less so the "vegan" part since Garron was all "nah, bro, eat them slimes, they's tasty" in chapter 5 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread