Ka「」Ku「」Shi「」Go「」To「

Fed-Kun's army
The MC's spiritual animal is a turtle. I'm pretty sure bout that.

『Warning』: Speedreaders beware, this manga needs a fair amount of processing power of at least a few braincells to know the context behind the chapters.

Supporter
A circle jerk of love, with each MC an ability to see the one they like, like someone else. Whelp.

More original than most other works but tries a bit too hard to be more than it needs to be, especially with the drama in later chapters. That said, it's still worth your time.

it's good, but it will be better if the author could give a summary of what just happened in the end of every chapter.🤣😂🤣😂

Dex-chan lover
It's kinda good but the drama is too forced,
The girl stopped going to school for 2 months just because the MC guessed her shampoo, like wtf?

TL;DR:
Read Volume/Arc 2! It is a good, short teenage drama!
Arc 1 is irredeemable garbage so skip it, Arc 3 is not as bad but also disappointing and less good.

The 1st arc (volume) of this is genuinely the worst drama I have ever read.
The protagonist (of the arc, it changes each volume) is impossibly dense, the drama is contrived and the best example of 'mountain out of a molehill' I have ever seen, and there is also a really, really weird focus on girl's/school shampoo. Seriously, WTF?
Seriously, the drama is so, so, so bad.
A shy, awkward girl stops going to school for 2 MONTHS b/c the MC (a shy, awkward boy with a mostly irrelevant-to-the-story power/sense) awkwardly mentioned her shampoo (which every character seems to know the name of and details about for some reason), and started to think he hated her.
Miki/Mickey (a nice sociable girl who the MC likes) encounters the girl, learns why she is staying out of school, and (instead of just telling the MC what is up so the situation can be resolved) decides to start wearing the damn shampoo in the hopes that he will be reminded of it and bring it up. Even when finals are going on, which the girl needs to be in school to do, SHE STILL DOESN'T JUST TELL HIM.
Miki is fine in the other arcs, but the author dropped her WIS to 0 for this arc so we could have ~5 chapters of the MC not doing anything except feeling regret and thinking about shampoo because he is shy, awkward, and passive (the last of which is very bad for a protagonist to be), and ~5 chapters of
the author making Miki do stuff someone trying to get their feelings across without saying them would do instead of stuff that would actually help resolve the situation.
The other arcs have a focus on relationships, introspection, and weird little secret powers/senses too, but the plot and narrative of this 1st arc is so, SO, SOOOOO MUCH WORSE. I genuinely only read arc 1 through to the end because I was wondering if it was leading up to something, and because I had tried to read it a few times before and just got confused/bored. All it was building up to was a molehill and f---ing shampoo.

I tried the 2nd arc out of curiosity (to see if it was any good), and it actually was pretty good! It is a nice, short drama about a teen girl's inner turmoil and her ability to see scales (the measuring kind) in people's hearts. Check it out!

Btw, I don't think reading the 1st arc before it is necessary. Hell, the 1st arc actively worsens Miki (who is the 2nd part's MC) and El (the shy girl). The ex-MC is also actually bearable when they are not the protagonist. Just know that the shy guy is the ex-MC, he likes Miki, and he is useless/the densest material on the planet.

The 3rd isn't as bad as the 1st, but is def worst than the 2nd. Not sure how I feel about it, other than the disappointment that the author made Para {Arc 2 and 3 Spoilers}
a supporter of the ex-MC's crush on Miki, rather than having her continue to be* the confident lesbian '''''''''''''hiding'''''''''''''' a crush on Miki. Seriously, the 2nd arc was {or I guess felt, sadly} so gay.
Brief thoughts about the above spoiler:
They could have even had her still be supportive, while still being either gay as hell, or unaware of her gayness. Her reason for the former made some sense given her inner turmoil, and the latter would respectively {just be more consistent} or {fit the manga's apparent? theme of teens not knowing their own selves}.
* = {Arc 3 Spoilers}
though it is revealed to be confident-appearing/acting instead

Overall, while the 2nd arc was great, the 3rd was a disappointment and the 1st is the worst drama I have read, so I ultimately gave this manga four. If it was just the 2nd arc I would probably give this a 8 or 9.
The author starting with the most passive character of the bunch was a horrid mistake (especially since they have an unresolved crush that could have been a better focus for their arc, and could have been led up to by slow change over the other arcs), and they wrote some of the character's poorly for the sake of a stupid, shampoo-molehill plot. Some of the stuff part 3 did was really disappointing, and while it was less bad I feel like it hurt/changed Para's character. Then again, maybe the way Para (and her relationship with Miki) came out/off in the 2nd arc was unintentional, which is disappointing.

Amusingly, the comments below me seem pretty mixed, leaning towards more negative. Personally, it's not a bad series, but it's a little confusing, and meanders a bit during the first arc. If you're thinking about dropping it, please try to read through the first two arcs before coming to a conclusion.

The first arc honestly serves more towards introducing us to the ensemble than actually dealing with the problem the arc's MC faces, whether that's a good thing or not. Each arc (I think there's supposed to be 5), presumably focuses on one of the characters and the ability they have, and makes us re-think our evaluation of them that we got through the eyes of the other characters in previous arcs.

Users who are viewing this thread