Kaette Kudasai! Akutsu-san - Vol. 2 Ch. 30

Double-page supporter
Why do so many mangas have people offering to clean someone else's ears? Is that just a trope, and where the hell did this trope even start? I'm Asian, and I don't ever remember it being normal for even friends to clean each other's ears or anything, that's something only family does for each other or lovers do.

Dex-chan lover
@goodhunter it's just another "convenient anti-realism" thing.

It has very little to do with real life, just a convenient setup to make things happen while ignoring both the obvious and common sense.

Although Japan is so far-removed from closeness that it's considered fantasy to have stuff like this happen, which probably adds to why it happens in manga so much.

It's the same with being instantly on a first name basis with a girl, having a (female) childhood friend that goes in your house to wake you up every day, having several girls be attracted to you despite being ordinary simply because you're "kind" and teenage preachiness having remotely any effect on adult characters. These are all things that would never ever happen in real life Japan for the most part. So it's used as entertainment in fiction.

Double-page supporter
@knight_evangel Putting in terms of this is considered fantasy, now it makes more sense when you put it that way. Kind of how they're giving everyone a way to live their ideal dreams through manga, no wonder a lot of authors put in all these tropes into their manga, and no wonder a lot of people eat it up.

Dex-chan lover
They work together because they're both the top and the bottom of the relationship.

Dex-chan lover
Ok this is just my headcanon but what if this manga is actually just a toned-down interpretation of some FWB or people in a BDSM relationship (with this chapter obviously being about Akutsu pegging Ooyama)

Users who are viewing this thread