Kage no Eiyuu no Nichijou-tan - Ch. 35

Fed-Kun's army
I was planning on resting and making eggnog, but here we are, 10 hours after posting the previous chapter.

And with that, the series Kage no Eiyuu no Nichijou-tan has officially ended, and I end my scanlations here, almost 2 years after posting my first chapter.

Final thoughts on the series:
While I know that this wasn't a masterpiece by any sense of the word, I still enjoyed reading and scanlating this series. For it's cons, I felt that it suffered from pacing issues in the last 2 arcs (specifically, I felt that the Second Arc was rushed, while the Third Arc dragged too long (it didn't feel dragged in the Web Novel)).

My favourite arc will always be the second one (The Price of Freedom). And as I might have mentioned before, the main reason I translated this was for Chapter 17.
Same here, Mize and Oz are better written characters than Elysia or Gran, second arc was the best.

Thanks for your hard work

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation ! I wonder if it's continuing in LN or WN form ?
This is pretty much where the LN and WN stopped updating, though manga got a nicer "ending", if author plan to continue the WN or another LN vol. get published, who knows but been a while, like 2-3 years

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Even if it wasn't an axe, it surely felt like one. All in all the last arc was a little weak compared to the previous. It still had potential so it's a pity that it ended but the ending itself wasn't terrible. Thanks for the translation

Dex-chan lover
definitely is an incomplete story, and seems like the WN/LN ended like that, guess something happened that made author unable to complete it.

Dex-chan lover
i was being lazy to read this but when i saw the end tag, i had to push myself to complete it lol didn't realized that it will end so abruptly like this. i thought they'll still try to do the slice of life next but i think the author will always fall into that "chris will always get mc to play soldier no matter what since he's the best there is" and honestly that's just sad since my boy just wants to retire and yet they keep pulling them back smh.

tbh i was waiting for all these ordeal to be done so 28 could keep doing his mundane shiz and i could watch him do mundane shiz because he deserve that life after he did the demon lord dirty with the 360-no-scope but i didn't think that after that whole ordeal, they also finished the mf manga bro wtf. now i'm ticked. i read this since i just want to read some cozy school life of a special ops vet and they really had to gestures to everything that happened till the end

woah... this reeks of "end of promotional manga, continue reading his adventures on LN serialization..."

Dex-chan lover
kinda sad it ended. i liked the art and while the story had some ups and downs, with some arcs having better pacing then others, i still enjoyed the plot quite a bit, though we didn't go anywhere in the whole scheme of things.

thanks for the work on the project

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation and sticking with the series too the end it's good way to tie a knot on the story

Dex-chan lover
To be honest I lost my interest the moment he went back to the academy.
1x.webp

-thankyouforthechapter

Fed-Kun's army
I was planning on resting and making eggnog, but here we are, 10 hours after posting the previous chapter.

And with that, the series Kage no Eiyuu no Nichijou-tan has officially ended, and I end my scanlations here, almost 2 years after posting my first chapter.

Final thoughts on the series:
While I know that this wasn't a masterpiece by any sense of the word, I still enjoyed reading and scanlating this series. For it's cons, I felt that it suffered from pacing issues in the last 2 arcs (specifically, I felt that the Second Arc was rushed, while the Third Arc dragged too long (it didn't feel dragged in the Web Novel)).

My favourite arc will always be the second one (The Price of Freedom). And as I might have mentioned before, the main reason I translated this was for Chapter 17.
thanks for delivering the tl till the end!

T51

Dex-chan lover
man i might need to read this again just up until the second Arc (mizes arc).

such a shame that this series got axed, i honestly expected/wanted this to go on for much much longer since it had such amazing world building and the characters within it

Dex-chan lover
It's a shame it ended here since I knew this is where the source ended. Oh well... I really loved this manga (except for this arc which dragged and was weak). At least it didn't ruin the whole manga for me I guess.

I agree, that arc was great. I remember hoping it would turn into an adventure afterwards. Thank you for fully translating this!

Well, see you elsewhere everyone :meguuusad:

Double-page supporter
I mean it might have ended a bit short of where I thought it would but I like that it didn't loose it's message about peace.

It could have gone on for long enough to loose the original message of the story, the point is that he gets to enjoy this peace and his new life, exactly because him and many others helped bring this peace about, he did his part in the shadows to bring peace, the heroes are the public face of that peace.

Many who wished for that peace but never got to see it but they inspired others to seek that peace in the future, to nurture and to keep it.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter and translating this series to it's ending.

It's a nice ending from the MC's perspective. It would have been nice to see more of the story to tie all the loose ends and see if a more direct meeting between the veterans of the army (the public face, the main body and the shadow).

Dex-chan lover
This is pretty much where the LN and WN stopped updating, though manga got a nicer "ending", if author plan to continue the WN or another LN vol. get published, who knows but been a while, like 2-3 years
Even if the author actually want to continue, after that kind of long hiatus I think most author will be unable to continue the story in a good way.
I don't remember many story with long hiatus able to continue the story satisfactorily even if they do continue the story.
Most that actually came back, personally I think they just came back to give the story an ending.

Dex-chan lover
what a LAME non-ending.
this was axed super hard.

As well as several others i had no idea this was coming to an end

Users who are viewing this thread