Kage no Eiyuu no Nichijou-tan

I wonder why new series have such exposition heavy first chapters nowadays.
For instance, Naruto chapter 1 blended exposition with action and story. Is it because chapter 1s used to be double length? So more pages to blend em?
Is it because light novels can expo diarrhea without ruining the pace, and the manga just copies it?

Hope this is not fake badass protagonist . I was fooled many times, I won't believe easily that will have badass protagonist in Jap manga 😁

Double-page supporter
@cocci
I think it's because the market has become more diluted so either the mangaka or publishers want to throw out as many hooks as possible right in chapter 1. With so many unread manga out there, a lot of readers don't give something a chance if there's nothing interesting right at the start.

Of course this is disregarding the fact that a poorly paced story isn't very appealing whilst a well paced one is.

Same reason why modern AAA video games suck, they're trying too hard to suck your cock right from the beginning without any buildup.

Contributor
Shitty fantasy school setting,

why does authors like these kind of development so much ?

Can’t these authors strain themselves and use more than 5 brain cells while writing these stories? I get that they sell and hey, here am I reading it but atleast have a sliver of originality!

I swear the Korean scene is a lot better than the Japanese one nowadays, it’s a joke.

If it sells, it sells. His art style is pretty good, just choose the wrong novel to adapt. Shame rlly 😐

The MC is very two dimensional,I mean he is very bland and idk just feels like a cardboard cutout.

I thought it was going to be a different manga, but it's just another generic shit...

Contributor
I saw the title and thought it was inspired by The Eminence in Shadow, but it's not even 5% close to it. It is another unironic generic power fantasy manga which saw the title of the amazing manga which I mentioned before, and went ahead with it. It would have been good if the author didn't take anything seriously or if it was so unironic that it was ironic that it was unironic, like the misfit of demom king academy

I was really hoping this would at least strive to be above the norm, but the classic
'YOU PERVERT!'
in chapter two brought me back down to Earth. I'm still hoping it has more to offer than what's already been established in the genre but only time will tell. So for now... It's... good...? fine...? okay...? 6 outta 10? Somewhere around there. Actually, you know what, I like the art, so I'll bump it up to a 7.

Users who are viewing this thread