Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute - Vol. 6 Ch. 22

Fed-Kun's army
Oh right I forgot about the transformed version of him who is honestly just a shitty Dark Souls character

@Tatherwood Woahhh calm down there buddy. You are comparing western literature to asian comics. Do you see where the fault in your argument lies? Please compare western literature to asian literature or western comics to asian comics. And on the topic on "fairly steep", I want to ask of you, have you read any asian literature? Any that have at least been translated? Cause if you haven't you're speaking on unfair grounds. Fuck off with your half-assed logic

Aggregator gang
@Tatherwood holy cow dude, most WN(WEB NOVEL) are pretty shitty because the majority of the wn writers are amateur or aspiring writers. Almost anyone can write a webnovel,that also means that the quality is also super random. LN (Light novels) on the other hand is a bit more polished because they are being published by a legitimate company, but that doesn't mean that they are perfect, afterall they are aimed to "japanese".

VIP
Now the question is: which movement of Moonlight are they playing?
Would've been hilarious if it's the 3rd.

@Tatherwood if you want to avoid the WN and "fansub" versions of the LN you should know there's also an official English translation. To jump in right after this manga chapter go to LN #2, Chapter 6: "A Mastermnd Always Plays Piano Under Moonlight! " a few pages in.

Dex-chan lover
the princess is a light head but she's pure as snow so I feel I bit sorry for her.

Dex-chan lover
@DoobiusPoopius "You are comparing western literature to asian comics". Hm... no.
"But the absolute majority of WNs are garbage. The authors are talentless writers, no matter how good the story; the difference between asian and western writing is fairly steep;"
I'm comparing western literature to LN or, in this case, WN. Which we in the west don't really have an actual equivalent to, but still not comics.

Have I read any Asian literature? Yes. I'm a translator, so I've read Japanese literature, both translated and untranslated. And I have to say, be careful with that "any that have at least been translated", cause if the transaltor westernizes a lot, the point is lost. But as for "asian literature", I maintain my point: difference between western and asian is fairly steep. Personally I can only speak for Japanese, but my classmates agreed on Chinese too. Never asked about Korean, actually.

And now that we've reached the consensus that I am not speaking on unfair grounds, I shall not "fuck off with my half-assed logic". But I would advise you to be more careful when reading, especially if you're going to be rude. You had no way of knowing that I actually know what I'm talking about, but the thing about comparing to comics was really just you not paying attention.

@Sweet_Seats Yes, and that's my problem. I'm sorry, I don't see your point XD
"Everyone can write a WN", yes, which is why the majority are trash. I'm not judging, it's not like we don't have amateur web writers over here. I'm just saying, I catch up with the manga and I want more, cause the story is good. BUT the WN will almost certainly be garbage (statistically speaking), so I hesitate to even check it out. And the LN is difficult to get ahold of, so...

@TheLantern LN fansubs seem to be a bit better overall, but thanks for that. Maybe I'll check it out.
Published LNs take so long tho, I feel like I'll catch up in a day and then wait for months -.-'

@yfteoh I mean, if there are no RAWs it's not like I can really advance much more in the manga front. And as for the WN, reading the original solves the issue about the fansubs, but not about the different style of literature or the author sucking (if he does, maybe in this particular case he doesn't).
But yeah, dealing with it is about the only thing we can do.

Aggregator gang
@Tatherwood my point is, saying that "most wn are trash" is redundant because of the nature of being a "WN" . Its like complaining that japanese trash are mostly composed of garbage and you barely find any usefull item.

And back on the subject, the wn of this manga was actually more enjoyable than this adaptation, the jokes are properly laid out and the translator would even go as far as explaining the" janapanese exclusive jokes" that would be loss on translation. The action scene is comepletely terrific and cool befiting the switch of theme from comedy to a proper action. Until the good translator dropped it and some god who knows stiff translator pick it up and resume while the quality would noticeably drop down.(its after this tournament x Rose kingdom or whatever arc )

Dex-chan lover
@Sweet_Seats Hm... Fair, I guess. Not exactly sure I agree 100%, but fair.

So this particular WN is actually good...but the good translator dropped about this point. So even if I go...ugh.
Oh well, thanks for the information ^^

Users who are viewing this thread