Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Vol. 21 Ch. 209 - Dreams

Dex-chan lover
@Xanhomey, even if this was predictable, considering this was always hanging in the background, you have to ask the author.

I dont think they want to rush a 17 years old into a marriage, these things are considered as not many are in a position to be of benefit to the Shinomiya family, either is someone from one of the families that have the same status as they are or someone that is talented enough to be of use ... its not pass her on to get pregnant or sell her off, no ... she is a Shinomiya and her partner have to be important enough to be considered as a marriage partner, she would likely be in her mid-late 20's before someone acceptable was found.

And its not the elder brother that have the say on the matter, its her father since he is the head of the family, Kaguya doesnt have to obey her brother because he is not the head of the family yet despite the way he is acting.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the high-quality release, as always.

But man, the forced marriage trope just had to happen, right? Hopefully this doesn't spiral into cliched mediocrity.

Now thats...mind blowing. I don't even care for Ishigami, Iino, Tsubame, Chika or the rest of the world. My only focus right now is Miyuki and Kaguya.

Dex-chan lover
Man, this brother...he positively exudes toxic asshole family member.

I really don't want them to separate, but also, this is a healthy relationship thing to do with mutual trust and respect. Kaguya needs support though.

MAKI. HALP.

Dex-chan lover
@psnako this. Maybe the brother care about her in his way and she didn't say anything. This is not patriarchy, this is idiocy.

This chapter makes all side characters "invisible". Now I only care about Miyuki àn Kaguya.

At least make kaguya brother an ikemen so I wouldnt hate him. Yahhh he going on my list of character that I hate

Aggregator gang
University doesn't teach you how to create a business... It teaches you how to be an employee

Supporter
And for a second, I thought he stomped her idea of them going separate ways for a while ... :D but hell, why do they make it sound like they will break up?? :D that's not even far necessary...

Dex-chan lover
I mean, considering how the Shinomiya family is, it was pretty obvious from the start this was how it was going to present it's final challenge. Either Miyuki becoming some bigshot worthy of her in the eyes of the family or Kaguya somehow taking over and dictating her own life.

The weird thing though, is if the family places so much emphasis in making desirable wives, they wouldn't raise their daughters with such strong wills and cutthroat attitudes in the first place. Unless her father was waiting for her to challenge him this whole time, which I guess is more than possible. Gotta weed out the riffraff even in your own family sometimes when the whole empire depends on it.

Dex-chan lover
She just give prez reason to stay in Japan.
That way, he can help Kaguya takedown Shinomiya and he can also take both Kaguya and his father family back. It's win-win for both of them.

Well its not like its domekano where the author will give you twisty arc of long distanced relationship only to have shirogane end up with hayasaka. I trust Aka with this

Dex-chan lover
If you don't like the idea of wife-with-a-better-education-than-husband,

THEN WHY TF WOULD YOU ALLOW HER TO ATTEND SHUCI'IN IN THE FIRST PLACE?

HEH, WHY EVEN ADMIT HER TO SCHOOL?

@sirflimflam @anak_sampah Its because its traditional JAPANESE wives. Strong willed, but still subservient to her patriarch. Intelligent and learned, but just less so that her patriarch. In every way, just a few step behind the patriarch (and i do mean in every way, including literally walking 2 steps behind).

Users who are viewing this thread