Kaguya-sama: Love is War

Double-page supporter
So, from the 5 versions of ch 200, may I ask which one is the best?
I personally want to save my data, so I prefer not to read pretty much the same things 5 times.

Also, Dame na no yo

@pockettrash
it'd be more akin to cooking.
if by this you meant we'd got more food when there's more people cooking then no, the content is still the same and one TLscan can be read by unlimited amount of people
if you meant we'd got more flavor then i agree, although ideally we'll get one chef who'll be everyone's favorite and the rest would belong in the trash (especially since TL quality isn't as subjective as food preference) . point stands, it's a waste of time.
less ideal? we'll have most people just eat anything that come first and just handful of people that have enough patience to wait the decent one since generally more quality equal more time and effort

people are free to work on what they want
i'd say there's more downsides than benefits in this kind of "competition" but yeah, they're free to do what they want

Get online, see Kaguya, "huh, it's on here now?" See 5 versions, "uhh, what's going on?" Find out Jaimini's box shut down. "Ohh."

So is this going to be hosted on mangadex now? I would definitely prefer to not have to go to another site but I figured it was being hosted up to date to avoid DMCA issues.

Double-page supporter
People are giving a lot of crap to Jaimin Box, but honestly apart from how sudden it was (and that they ask for their transaltion to not be posted on aggregator but i can't beleive they seriously think that will happen) i really don't get all the hate, sure it sucks but that is life, maybe if the pandemic finishes and they get better conditions some of them will start again but who knows.

Also what is the current best translation for chapter 200?

Oh God. I thought chapter 200 was some special feature or something. Seems the real problem isn't even the scanlation wars, but the fate of the other manga by Jaiminis Box since they don't allow their stuff to be hosted here. Hope it's not lost forever

Dex-chan lover
So uh... why did they all decide to jump in now? Like, its been 7 months since the purge of Jamini, surely another scanlator with 3 digit IQ can snipe it as soon as they leave?

Double-page supporter
Simple : because scanlated new chapter when other already work on it is wasted your time.
That RIP group more faster in release since their translator got paid from donation

@Lymus isn't the 6-month rule to protect groups from sniping with the benefit of doubt that they would come back by 6 months? It seems odd to keep on applying that rule for a group that is confirmed dead now

@Lymus 6 months is crazy...
BTW that exclusive translation is just weird, it is healthier for community to have 2 scans per manga...

Kam

Fed-Kun's army
How many more times am I going to see Chika wanting to be blessed this week?

Dex-chan lover
Is there some kind of meme going on with 8+ translations of the same chapter in the same language?

Dex-chan lover
The war begins. With the 'official' translators leaving the scene, a big name like this is up for grabs. A name many might want if they like the series and want to promote their group.

Can we stop uploading ch 200 and start uploading the chapters that aren't working? Or is that somehow still taboo

Dex-chan lover
7/8 groups..... lol, they shuld do a raffle/collab, like 3 groups on odd chap, 3 on even ones, and then one on extra's and omake....

if not there's literally thousands of titles out there untranslated...

Users who are viewing this thread