Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 15 Ch. 142 - Regarding Kaguya Shinomiya, Part 4

Dex-chan lover
That whole misunderstanding wasn't even funny. I honestly dislike this chapter.

Yeah we know the president is bit dense. Since like two hundred chapters ago. Can we please move on, author?

Dex-chan lover
Yeesh. People really can't just wait and see. I'm glad the author pre-empted all the accusations of DID plotlines and shut it all down. There's also the meta gag of Prez worrying about the cliched "Ojou's arranged marriage" plotline while the girl herself doesn't seem worried about it at all.
Ice is definitely being a pretty bad person to Shirogane though. I think that's the point.

Also, I wanna point out that Icey's behavior is fairly consistent with Miyuki's mental image whenever he spins a "loss" in his mind-all the way down to the How Cute. There is a lot we can pick out from this, first and foremost being that this is the side of Kaguya she hates herself for, the side Miyuki originally fell for as well, and why exactly they both spent all this time utterly too insecure to go out in the first place.

@meidunk Wait, we did? Since when has Prez being dense been a thing, much less 200 hundred chapters before chapter 142? The entire premise has Miyuki over-analyzing every single detail in their battle of wits.

P.S. Little crying Hayasaka! ;A;

Dex-chan lover
It's hilarious how women think "hinting" at things instead of just saying them is good communication. Hints are fucking dumb lol

Dex-chan lover
Lol, I think the hints are obvious X'DDD And I guess instead of right out asking (which might seem like a command if not done right) the ice priness just really wants Shirogane to take the lead X'DDD By giving her permission subtly, she wants him to touch her first X'D Shirogane on the other hand....kind of over analyzed everything in the wrong direction X'D

Group Leader
That's actually the first chapter of this manga that I genuinely don't like.
No battle of wits with misunderstandings from both parts, no funny moments, no touching revelations, no cute reactions from Kaguya and no other member of the council to redeem the chapter either.
Just a boring Kaguya who's like a totally new and boring character (I think she's supposed to be Tsundere-ish, but she comes through as a bitch that really hates and can't stand the President, that makes her actions really strange), a confused president that reasonably doesn't understand what the fuck is happening and the start of a dumb and illogical story arc.

This could have gone into so many satisfying directions:
  • Kaguya's new personality being more agressive to get what she wants, not pushing the President further away
  • Instead of a new personality, maybe some drama about her father not letting her leave for the US, and a whole new arc around trying to convince him.
  • Kaguya not going to the US, getting separated and trying to maintain a long distance relationship with Miyuki, a time jump and then the reunion a few years later. You could even make it so Miyuki has to work in one of the Shinomiya's companies, you change the setting a bit but it gets more interesting.
  • Plenty more ideas that wouldn't start this bad... even a nuclear war suddenly happening and them trying to survive the nuclear winter in a post-apocalyptic setting would have been better.
I'm kinda worried for the future of this story now, because this is one of my favorite manga, and I really don't want it to go to shit.

Dex-chan lover
@RexNemorensis: Seconded. Some guys are guilty too, but it seems to be a female thing, when done, in most cases.

Wonderful...Way to go. You want to live the stereotypical "50's-loveaffair"? Well, great. The only thing you're accomplish is poisoning your precious first weeks of relationship. It's even just the first day! This should have been your honeymoon, moron. And the reason is so silly. I know, it's important none-the-less, but he would have come around and done what you wished for eventually. Enjoy the ride and don't blood-sacrifice it.

Fed-Kun's army
I, for me, am satisfied with this chapter. I got what I signed for, subverted expectations and funny moments.
Also, we finally got the "How cute" we all were waiting for all this time!
I'm all for cute things, but sometimes they can wait (and seriously, how can you say Kaguya wasn't cute with that little hand hanging?)

Dex-chan lover
It's quite tragic that after everything that happened, Shirogane still can't talk to her.

@Kaarme Yeah I think that's why she's pissed. She frenched him and he still doesn't have it in him to confess. I mean, what more can she do.....

Dex-chan lover
Fujiwara is in danger. Again.
Also I completely understand why they changed the title for Anime.

Users who are viewing this thread