Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 15 Ch. 145 - Kaguya Wants to Eat (Ice)

@zerimas Sniping is looked down upon because sometimes it causes the entitled group to throw a huge bitch fit and drop the series completely. And then sometimes nobody else picks it back up and it kind of dies.

This won't happen with Kaguya obviously, but some people are just paranoid and prefer getting loved in their bumbum by Jamal's Bukkake.

@appu1232 The actions of JB as a whole are bad, given their profiteering, and the kaguya scanlators in JB are putting themselves behind the JB name, regardless of being paid or not. If they wanted to be more morally uptight, they could go do it as their own group and not support a profiteering group. Though scanlating licensed series is a no-no anyway. (not like I should be talking, having sniped this, idk)

@friedtofu , glad you can agree. Though honestly I think kirei cake's excuse is BS. If you actually were home for 15y, i'd imagine you'd have had 15 years to find a legit job you can work from home.

@zerimas I do see the rationale. Though sniping can definitely be a dick move. I got sniped on a doujinshi I was doing once, where I had left a comment on the e-h raws saying I'd do them, and then some other group got it out before me. Sniping can make someone feel like they've wasted a bunch of time on doing something, if someone else can rush out and put out something of lower quality quicker and people read that instead. Or if you do a series for 50 chapters and some other group comes trying to 'take' it. I can definitely understand feeling frustrated in that case, if the group sniping is trying to profit or if they are doing a shit job. With the doujinshi, I felt I had 'called' the work by leaving the comment, and I felt that their work was of lower quality than mine. Though it turned out to be a misunderstanding in the end, so I'm not hung about it.

I don't like the idea of scanlating for money, and if it isn't clear, I have not gained anything from doing this chapter. And also, I don't do any licensed series(other than this snipe i guess), or take donations.

Fed-Kun's army
@Xxx_OniiChanDAISUKI_xxX

Yeah it would suck to have your hardwork invalidated. Ideally the best scanlations would somehow be curated and if someone did a shit job no one would read it, or it would be replaced by a superior version.

Some group do a legitimately bad job or do not release very frequently. In that case I'd rather another group better equipped to handle to it took over the job. I've seen some legitimately good manga just left to rot by scanlators that have too many projects and not enough staff.

Fed-Kun's army
@Atsuro
Sniping is looked down upon because sometimes it causes the entitled group to throw a huge bitch fit and drop the series completely.

It should be a "free market". If you're not going to respect intellectual property rights you have no claim to exclusive rights to the scanlation process. I don't understand why'd they'd bitch and drop the series.

I feel like the idea of dedicated "scanlation" groups is kind of backwards. Lots of open source software has been built collaboratively for free. I don't understand why the scanlation process has to be a competition in the first place (other than people want to profit off of it).

Group Leader
@Xxx_OniiChanDAISUKI_xxX I'd love to know where you got those numbers from... Like I wish we were making that much money 😂
But alas, we don't aim to make a profit at all. Our goal has never been, and never will be to make a profit off of scanlation. Like how much can you even make off of doing this? Think about it.

Like honestly, instead of spreading these lies perhaps contact us to learn more about what's happening behind the scenes? I'm not shy about having a conversation about this.

Honestly I think the only reason people spread lies and hate about us is because we've become too big, and people considering us a the big "baddy" team now.

As for the Snipe, I don't mind it. You have the will and want to work on it? Go ahead. We'll just keep doing our thing and you can do yours. I don't get why you're trying to Justify your snipe by throwing dirt on us...

@yunomi

those numbers are from 'a friend of a friend who formerly was involved in JB', or something like that.
Though, it wouldn't exactly be hard to lookup some traffic stats and advertisement stats to estimate a number, which would be a few thousand a month. Oopsies.

So, you don't aim to profit. Why continue sniping official simulpubs? Why the 2-week delay on MD? I only see those as serving to drive traffic to your site, benefiting you at direct expense to official publishers.

You call these lies, sure. I'll believe it when I see it.

Group Leader
@Kirbyzcheese DM me on Discord, I'm open about talking about why I have our own Site, our finances and what our goals are. I can show numbers as proof too. I think I've seen there before? Or somewhere I don't remember.

@Xxx_OniiChanDAISUKI_xxX That's not good enough though. That's like a telephone game where people start inserting bias in their statements and passing along the message. As for the traffic stats, I honestly WISH those were correct. Those sites assume your site gets paid based on maximum ads and maximum cpc and some bullshit. Completely incorrect. There are no "Oppsies" there. I can even show you the numbers. If you'd have a site you'd understand, but since you haven't experienced running a site you assume these numbers provided by stats sites are correct. Perhaps this is causing a lot of misinformation to spread, when people assume a quick google search is more than enough to criticize a team.

Like think about it, If I were making a million dollars, wouldn't there be a big fight going on in the team for money? Just think about it... Our team is 100+ people, if we were not honest people, we wouldn't have grown to this size. If I were making that much money I'd not put a 2 week delay here, I would be investing in making our site look professional and making my own version of Batoto.

As for Sniping Official Simulpubs, we're not a professional team. We're a Fan scanlation team that releases content based on how we interpret the original source. I think a lot of the community agrees that the translators in our team do more justice to the content than the official teams, and if we can release and share better scans, why should we hesitate not to? We're just doing a service to the community that can't access the content worldwide. Even if sometimes we don't pull up to the mark with the translations, that just means we're a amateur group of people, right? We're not Pros, we're just a group of friends that work on series we like to read.

We release content for ourselves first, then our friends and others. If people don't like our version of the scans, they are very welcome to release their own versions (As you did). This isn't like we've locked down a series (we can't). The 2 week delay on MD has a multitude of reasons, and I'm more than willing to share if you contact me on our Discord.

What annoys me is that people forget MD is just another Aggregate site. Our reader on the our site is and should be the first place you should be able to read the content we release. Our reader has been there ever since our team started. If we make a piece of art (in this case modify it from its original source), why can't we display it in our art Gallery? Why should we hand it over to another art Gallery? What fuels us, and me is when people appreciate our effort. Not when people act like Choosing beggars.

i'm pretty late to comment, but i read it when ya'll first released it before JB released theirs. Thanks for the speedy translation, i appreciate it.

Group Leader
@yunomi you release before Japan releases chapters, with rushed editing, translation and proofreading and you do it as fast as possible to get the page views, if that's not for money, I can't think of any other reason to want to have the chapter out the fastest as possible. You do make lots of money, and you cannot deny that at least in some form you working on these series take profits from the company that rightfully own them. I think at the very least if you admit to knowing that you are doing the author of the series a disservice then you should do that. You cannot claim that you do it for the reasons that you stated and still spend all that money on early stolen raws, that's a pretty big investment to "do a service to the community that can't access the content worldwide".

QSS

Group Leader
@yunomi any reason you don't want to disclose that information here? I'm sure lots of people are curious.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter is hilarious from start and almost till end.
Then we have a tragedy tag added.

Group Leader
@Bentoki I've never stated that we don't make money from this. We have ads on our site so obviously we do. We release content faster because we get access to it faster, it's as simply as that. And yes, I do agree we're in some ways damaging these authors, at the same time we're benefiting them. Early stolen raws? We pay for them clear cut. Nothing is stolen. Don't assume things if you don't know how things work. Learn how they work, instead of spreading misinformation.

And obviously, I'd like to reiterate, if you don't like the team or our work you can simply avoid it. I'm not forcing you to read it. You don't like our work? work done by amateurs? then work on it yourself or join us to improve the quality. Want to support the author directly? Stop reading scanlations. You yourself are a scanlator and are blaming me for "doing the author of the series a disservice"... Like what? 😆

@QSS because I barely check MD, I'm always on Discord so it's easier for people to find me and talk to me there.

Overall I don't appreciate it when people spread misinformation around. It only hurts people.

Group Leader
@yunomi I don't read kaguya I just found it funny that another group sniped you guys. The raws are stolen, and you pay for them, that's how you get them early - you not personally stealing them doesn't mean that you are not working with stolen property. Pretty straightforward logic anyway lmao

Group Leader
As if all of scanlation isn't just stolen content 🤣
You yourself being a scanlator, are telling me I'm stealing? please...

Users who are viewing this thread