Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 15 Ch. 150 - A Normal Romance

@torikun

The lack of double spread fits the theme of this arc/chapter, it's supposed to feel 'normal' instead of hype. That's why the panel is the same size as the ones preceding it, despite it being on its own page

@SunsetSeeker

The whole premise would have been discarded in chapter 1 if they were able to just frankly say what they wanted/needed from the start, so complaining about this arc being resolvable in a single sentence is a bit of a moot point. They didn't start dating at the end of 136. Calm down and re-read the arc after giving it a few weeks, it was a pain to read on a weekly basis but it works well(with the exception of 143, which I will argue is the only outright bad chapter in the entire manga) if you go through it in a single go. You're also mis-remembering stuff, she was less physically attracted to him but her other immediate reaction to the change in his eyes was thinking about how she was going to keep other women away from him, she didn't lose interest. Likewise with the balloon art chapter, she doesn't need or want him to be perfect. Shirogane thinks he needs results, but at this point Kaguya admires the fact that he makes the effort in the first place. His 'facade' isn't being a hard-worker, his facade is being perfect so he can match up to her.

You're clearly as emotionally invested in this series as most of us are, so I think it'd be good for you to cool your head and come back and re-read it from the start. She decided she wanted to see Prez's "true side" after she figured out he was hiding stuff, but her original goal was to experience "normal" romance and for him to accept the shittier sides of her personality. This has been the consistent tension throughout the arc, and was by no means "retconned". You're letting the fact that some of these chapters were incredibly frustrating to read(and then be left waiting for a week on) cloud your judgement of the manga/arc.

What I will give you is that she underestimates how much his 'facade' positively influenced their relationship. Provided Aka doesn't address that in the next few chapters, then yes it will be a problem. The fact that Aka drove that point home this arc by showing that she doesn't remember their actual first meeting makes me think that although they won't make a massive drama out of it, it will be brought up.

I like how they still confess their feelings to one another still in an indirect manner after all this time. Anyway,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

Dex-chan lover
Now THIS.
THIS IS HOW YOU START A GOOD MORNING.
WAKING UP TO SEE THESE TWO FINALLY CONFESSING AND KISSING EACH OTHER.
PRAISE AKA.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like my soul has attained actual heaven after reading this.
Please help.
Also,AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

@SunsetSeeker

I will preface this by saying I did have my own thoughts on the arc beforehand, much like yours, I had thought that ice Kaguya was a poor addition, and my rebuttal, like your initial criticism was one mostly based on no prior thought and mostly emotions (I base that thought on the fact that you were cussing and were rather heated in your initial criticism).

Now, the arc actually happened because Ice Kaguya (all the Kaguya's because how she puts it, "they're both real", both since she has only revealed two sides of Kaguya, the "Kind" side and the "Ice" side) had gotten heated that the other Kaguya's had little to no regard for the future of Kaguya as a whole. There was the more emotional reason of "I want to be kissed by the president", which by extension is "I want the president to love me first", she was mad because the other Kaguya's had prematurely confessed themselves (the kiss) and as such this ruined Ice Kaguya's whole idea of being in love. This holds true because it is a much nicer way of the original plot of the series, making the other confess first, even if feelings are apparent, and Ice Kaguya makes it clear this was her reason on ch 141 and how expressive she becomes about the other Kaguya's not so much being honest with their feelings but not understanding the basic concept of the "right" moment to open up.

As for the second part, where I mention that neither of them needed a mask to fall in love, it could, arguably, be said that Kaguya was wearing a mask, however it has been the mask she has had since she was little was forming the mask. In ch 146 this goes into further detail with the progression of such a mask, at first being an educational one, based merely on her being told to act that way because it was the "right" way to act. She learns to be scared by people however, blaming both herself and others for the circumstances of her life. As such, even the Kaguya that Miyuki meets is one who is deliberately dishonest, she paid no attention to Miyuki because she hated people, and was taught to use them and manipulate them. This is why someone like Miyuki who disrupted this for a small amount of time by getting ahead of her in the exams, in 146 she doesn't state that the reason she fell for him was for hard work or intellect, when she confesses she fell in love it's of a scene where Miyuki is getting her ribbon from the pond. Miyuki had worn the mask meaninglessly, meant to get her attention but it was not even that that made her fall for him, it was not his intellect like I said but an act of kindness. Miyuki nor Kaguya needed a mask to fall for each other, I would maybe say that they needed a mask to acknowledge one another, however not to fall in love, because they fell in love in spite of their masks.

Lastly which I would say is your weakest point, that it was a lie that Kaguya wanted to love Miyuki for who he was too. It was one chapter ago that she admits this explicitly, and in this newest chapter too, she says "it doesn't have to be perfect", the entire facade of Miyuki underhanded in one sentence. The example of her losing interest because he lost his eye bags is a bad one, merely because eye bags can have absolutely nothing to do with hard work. This'll be easily criticized too but his eye bags could be some other issue, such as just a poor sleep schedule (we know this isn't it but just wait a moment). My point is that it was purely an appearance flaw, and I would be one to say that the chapter where she stops liking him for his good sleep is a comedic one, if you disagree, read the chapter afterwards (I think) where she is extremely sexually attracted to his horrible bags. If you'd like to bring up another instance where Kaguya didn't like him for who he was please do for I don't remember any.

Dex-chan lover
The ship is finally sailing at flank speed!

Personally, I enjoyed this arc as much as all the others, & it revealed just enough of Miyuki's & Kaguya's messy backstories to provide plenty of fodder for bumps & potholes in their future relationship. Neither of these bakas is normal, so there's no way their dating will be normal.

Plus, there's need of multiple arcs for Ishigami's harem management issues (am I the only reader who wants Onedera - smartphone cheer squad girl - to throw her hat into that ring of fire? Since she & Iino became friendly during the culture festival organizing, the sparks should be extra flashy.)

I also can't wait for the chapter where Kashiwagi approaches Kaguya for advice on handling teen pregnancy.

And, most pressing unfinished business of all - who will save Maki from her purgatory?

after so many weeks.. at last... also I forgot when they planned the party

Dex-chan lover
Ain't gonna write essays here why I liked this, but I did.
It's great, I liked it, author could end it here, but I'm okay with a continue.
Human relationships are depicted nicely, at least far better than in many others I've read so far.

Users who are viewing this thread