Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 16 Ch. 152 - Nagisa Kashiwagi Wants to Conceal

Dex-chan lover
I never really understood demanding quality scanlations when we're essentially reading for free on a site without ads.
I read "duwang" Jojo translations back in the day and was happy to be able read jojo at all.

EDIT: Thanks for the chapter btw!

Fed-Kun's army
@Frozeneye It's all about keeping up the standards. Not everybody can read a machine-translated script nor 0 redraw pages. If you look at the light novel community, you would see how subpar things have been. It's one of the main reason most people never get into it, including myself.

Just because it's free, doesn't mean there is no quality control. Just because a couch is free on the side of the street doesn't mean I'll bring it home no matter how dirty it is. Just because this phone game is free doesn't mean I'll download it and ignore all the shitty gacha and pay-to-win elements it have. People have different limit on what is acceptable for them. Hell, reading a manga that is obvious the scanlators put A LOT of effort in is very comforting. Effort shows.

This "it's free" mindset destroyed a lot of communities and I'll be blunt, I don't want it in here as well.

Fed-Kun's army
@fdmz Every manga on MD will have their official sites to purchase the manga from linked under the summary, if any. Kaguya has one for a long while now.

Dex-chan lover
@kn1000a
That's okay. I can see what your point is. I just don't share the feeling of "wanting more quality" when I myself am giving nothing back in return. If my account here was payed, I'd feel different as well.
To describe it with your terms used, if the couch is too dirty, I won't take it. I have taken used furniture off the street when it was within my limits of tolerance. I've also downloaded a few apps with annoying ads, but only up to my limit of tolerance.

My point being, if the quality of a scanlation isn't to my liking, I will just not read it and search for something better. I don't feel that I am in any position to ask for better quality, because I'm not giving anything back either.

Fed-Kun's army
@Frozeneye You don't have to even do anything. Just by simply discouraging low quality and low effort scans is good enough for a casual reader. Some people can get by it, but the more you let it happen, the more shitty scans you will see. People copy one another, and if group X is doing garbage scanlation and still getting views and $ and whatnots, what's gonna stop group A, B, and C from doing the same? After all, to them being lazy = same result as putting in effort, so why even bother trying to make the product good?

While I did my part and already helped out the community for a period of time typesetting various stuff, I still think having a standard is basics in any community. You don't want your Steam community to be filled with shit mods, and neither do you want your light novel place to be full of machine translation. In my opinion, this chapter of Kaguya is barely readable. I hope the scanlator takes note of this and up the quality instead of focusing on speed. I will even help if they don't mind.

Dex-chan lover
@kn1000a
I can see the point you're making and compared to me you seem to have giving something back to the community, so I can see your point of asking for better quality. The insight I got from this discussion is that just because I don't feel the need or the wish for better quality doesn't mean that others won't feel and ask for it.
I think I'll just go back to being a reader and will avoid commenting on this matter as my standards seem to be too low to make any kind of argument.

I really don't wanna be toxic about a matter I enjoy, so I'll just stop here ...

This chapter is great, I don't understand the hate? Can someone please explain to me what's this chapter differs from the normal JB scans?

Group Leader
@Omegadave this chapter is using korean scans, that's obviously lower quality. But I don't really mind. If you want the higher quality, just wait for JB scans.

@ghede ah i see thank you for the clarification
@kn1000a yeah sorry I did not pay attention to the official link. Thank you for the info!
That aside, if being official is the requirement for a chapter to be uploaded, then the previous scanlator also have no right to upload it, right?

i can't believe we are witnessing hayasaka and fujiwara's bisexual awakening

Meh translations, bad raws, and stupid commentary. C'mon you can do better.

I have a bad feeling about this I have a feeling this is going to end!!!! I love this manga it's to good to end!!!😭😭😭😭

Users who are viewing this thread