Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 17 Ch. 163 - Fujiwara Chika Wants to Scare

Group Leader
@Qelix
So once again you relate to “your friend”, which is projecting your own circumstance or belief onto a scenario that’s doesn’t hold nearly the same amount of weight of similarity.

I can give you plenty of reasons why Tsubame isn’t good for Ishigami. For a relationship to work, you need to have communication and a good dynamic between the two of you, which people call chemistry. Tsubame clearly can't communicate well with Ishigami, so that's the first aspect violated. Furthermore, their dynamic is very flawed. Tsubame needs someone confident and stable to help heal her past trauma with relationships. However, Ishigami clearly isn’t that. He’s very indecisive in what he wants to do and has confidence issues in himself and isn't the reliable person Tsubame needs. Furthermore, with Ishigami trying to "improve" himself, the issue is confidence, not his specs. And I doubt someone can build such confidence in 3 months. Furthermore, Tsubame isn’t Kaguya. What Ishigami is doing is going in a completely opposite direction than what Tsubame needs.

There’s nothing wrong with it how criticizing how realistic the progression of a character is. What is wrong is you bringing up your friends’ situation and believing this scenario to be the exact same when it’s clearly not.

Like, your entire premise hinges upon the idea of Ishigami being some battered abuse victim that will just take shit from Miko and never have the contingency to criticize her or go against her wishes.

I’m not sure where you got this idea from. Ishigami is currently helping Iino because he himself believes that he is responsible somewhat for breaking it. If you judge Ishigami by his normal interactions with Iino, he’s the instigator in many cases of pissing her off. He doesn’t give a shit normally what she thinks and does whatever he wants. If there’s something he truly doesn’t believe in, he won’t do it. That was the entire idea behind how he almost got expelled from the school for not writing a letter. He didn’t believe in it, so he went to extremes to not do it.

Yes, Iino is emotionally confused. But she’s 15, and this is her supposed first time ever feeling “love” or whatever. And the most extreme she’s gotten is snap at Ishigami. It’s hardly as bad as you’re portraying it out to be.

I’m not sure why you don’t think Ishigami and Iino could get together. Let’s see what has already been established between the two:
1. They both share very similar values in life.
2. Both share a similar set of beliefs in what the correct thing to do is.
3. Both share very similar experiences in being shunned and ostracized by classmates.
4. Both clearly care about each other a lot.
5. Both aren’t willing to tolerate shit from the other side.
6. In that sense, you can say they make up each other’s flaws.
7. Both have aspects of each other that they respect.
8. Both have had foreshadowing that they do see each other as a member of the opposite sex rather than friends or siblings.

Also, with the arc, I doubt she’s going to be the same when she’s entered the relationship from right now. If anything, her getting together with Ishigami is probably going to be used as a reinforcement to whatever progression she went through to get to the point where Ishigami would even actually like her. Because, canonically, Iino is still the underdog.

As a final note, different couples have different dynamics and it’s a bit weird seeing you take one instance of your “friend” and extrapolating it to something probably quite different with a much different dynamic. One thing I would say is that I do think it would benefit Iino for the arc to separated from Ishigami and more about Iino and her life, but mostly because having her arc revolving around Ishigami would make her own character weaker as it would seem like her story is dependent on Ishigami.

That said, it makes no narrative nor meta sense for Iino to lose. And one shitty relationship your buddy had isn’t proof that it will turn out bad in this case.

I thought Miko's character wouldn't get any nastier. Couldn't have been more wrong.

Dex-chan lover
idk about you guys but ive been on iino x ishigami, they've known each other for the longest. I can see them becoming pres and vice pres, but I think its 50/50 who he's going to be with. I can't tell.

Dex-chan lover
@Zenoslash That's true but I can see Sensei throwing us a curveball. Everyone seems to be anti-iino, I worry that both of them being prez and vice prez *and* like each other will be too sappy, obvious, but it's what I want.

Group Leader
@walczyk Don't worry, Iino is much more popular than Tsubame in Japan and in China. And I have yet gotten a convincing response with how Tsubame would win, both from a meta and narrative perspective.

Hold on, why is Iino surprised? she's been suspecting them of going way farther than kissing

Everyone bitchin' about the Iino, Ishi and Tsubame harem drama, I'm just here for the OTP couple, pres and Kaguya. Honestly, it's so nice that the main couple doesn't have much drama between them while the sides couple are the ones that have a harem.

Double-page supporter
Lmfao Ishigami fucking murdered Chika. And then Kaguya just slaughtered everyone goddamn.

Users who are viewing this thread