Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 20 Ch. 200 - Chika Fujiwara Wants to be Celebrated

Group Leader
unfortunate, as your version by far has the best understanding of typesetting and a very fluid translation.

Group Leader
@Tsukinara , please continue with yours, your version is the best one out of the 8 versions. Shit scans just wants to steal a march, the corporation was the saviour from that fiasco.

Yours is the best one! Please do continue, even if you take a little longer than other groups.

Group Leader
I hope Tsukinara and Zaibatsu works together or something.

anyway thanks for translating!

VIP
best translation, will waiting your version if you continue.

@LoLyeah As someone that's in contact with Zaibatsu, they were just as impressed as everyone else. I can confirm that Tsukinara will be involved with them going forward. :)

Chiming in to agree with the other readers that this version is by far the best of the "alternative" Kaguya-sama scanlations that popped up after JB closed shop.

What I like most about this version is the way the sentences are phrased, as well as the words that are used. You did a very good job to make the flow of the dialogue sound completely natural. JB has been criticized every now and then -- and sometimes, rightly so -- for getting some parts of their translations incorrect, but I'd much rather have a slightly "loose" version that sounds natural instead of a "perfect" translation that is stilted and awkwardly phrased.

I'm also glad that you waited to use the Japanese raws instead of the readily-available Chinese scans, because it helps assure that this translation is JP-EN instead of JP-CH-EN. The better image quality it provides is a big plus as well. In fact, the only nitpicks I have are the double-slash left over from typesetting in Fujiwara's speech bubble in Page 3, and the use of the word "elude" in the adjacent box (I think "avoid" or "escape" sounds better), but other than those, I have absolutely nothing to complain about.

I really hope you continue scanlating this -- or at least continue providing translations of future Kaguya-sama chapters. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Dex-chan lover
Tossing my hat in the ring on this one. Read the first few pages of all of the ones that weren't memes or using weird fonts (as of this comment at least) and while there were a couple that came close, this is definitely my favorite version. Something that seems to be difficult for a lot of translators is striking a balance between the original text and how a native English speaker would phrase their words to express the same idea. You seem to have done that pretty well.

Even though a lot of people made a release, yours is among the highest in quality! I think you're one of the few Mangadex scanlators who actually did something about the bubble announcing the anime being released onto blu-ray. Most other scanlations kept the bubble in untranslated/unremoved.

Users who are viewing this thread