Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi - Vol. 2 Ch. 6.2

Dex-chan lover
I like the moral ambiguity of this protagonist. I know most people don't go for anti-hero/anti-villains
especially ones that include rape and revenge rape, like this which I admit is meant to be displayed in a conflicting light,
but honestly I think that only works to the story's benefit. The entire situation was morally questionable, from the minute the story said "go," we learn that are protagonist is an abuser that was abused, that all he ever knew was misery and that his primary goal is justice, an eye for an eye. The whole story is a commentary on that, and he does end up healing the maids and tries not to affect bystanders. The whole point of the story is to see how deep and how far you can go with revenge and still be justified in your actions, and which step is too far? Its an analysis of the morality around revenge and where does our hero specifically slip into injustice. If by committing the same crimes that was committed to him, has he not turned into the very thing he hates? Does he even know what IS just anymore after having his sanity broken by repeatedly being raped, used, and abused? The only people we have to go off of that say he is sane is himself and the woman that instigated the most abuse against him, which are unreliable. So if he is insane, does that excuse his actions? It's an interesting way for a story to go, and i think brushing it off as "edgy" or "hentai" is doing a disservice to the overall point.

Dex-chan lover
Me thinks the author has some problems with women or know how to pander to that group

Double-page supporter
@Jgold101 Bitch, it was implicitly said that he was raped by men as well. Put your Feminazi justice boner down bruh.

Dex-chan lover
this was definitely written by an angry repressed incel lol

Aggregator gang
Huh, so when a male author writes ONE manga where a male MC who gets "revenge" against a female villain, he's an incel. But when there's multiple manga written by female authors where within the manga, males get the short end of stick, they don't get called femcels? Or anything seen as bad? Weird.

Banned
... So his revenge is tricking his kismesis into believing their relationship is red-rom?

Double-page supporter
Is he turning the maid into the princess at the start there?

Dex-chan lover
I'm done. Horrible Revenge IMO. I literally can't accept the fact that the MAIN CAUSE FOR HIS TORTURE for 4 years gets away with a few broken fingers, and her memory completely erased to become someone completely different. I'm super dissatisfied.

Arghhh! It's better when her memory is not fabricated so Freya will always remember the consequence of her doing to MC... This revenge is not totally revenge at all if she can't remember anything.

Users who are viewing this thread