Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi - Vol. 4 Ch. 15.1

Am I supposed to be appalled by this girl? MC was going to let a poisoned water source continue to make ill and kill innocent people if Setsuna didn't tell him to cure it. MC burned alive 10 guards who as far as we know had nothing to do with his previous suffering. He treats the girls around him as disposable objects to be thrown away as soon as he's bored of them.

Norn in comparison is a sadist with a human pet who seems more than willing in his position, and is being shown as a military strategist who wants to avoid unnecessary losses by weakening the enemy's forces through unethical means. If this was an attempt to make MC seem comparably "good" this isn't a very good attempt at it.

@Anony6152 "More than willing" did you somehow miss the whole drugs thing? And those knights aren't civilians. Letting Setsuna have her revenge isn't the same as actively trying to poison civilians.

And no, this isn't an attempt at that. Stop thinking this is about an MC that is "good deep down" or whatever. This is about an awful person versus arguably worse people.

Contributor
When the lesser evils are not only shocked by someone but are also calling out that person for their shit, you know that person is pretty fucked in the head.

This is the problem with power creep, or I guess evil creep in this situation.

You have already shown the hero party to be absolutely irredemable monsters. Because of this you can't really up the ante anymore. I mean you technically could, but that would exceed what this manga could show.

Maybe if you hadn't made the hero party such scumbags, this could have worked, but as it is, nah

Users who are viewing this thread