Kaiju No. 8 - Ch. 102 - Episode One Hundred Two: Charging forth with a heart filled with nothing but the desire to support...

I've been close to dropping this series since the war arc began, but this last chapter was the final straw.

The pacing has been horrendous, the constant breaks have dragged it even further, and there are so many different characters running around I don't know who is who, or where they even are.

So what does the author do for the 100th chapter? Introduce a bunch of returning characters, and let them flex for THREE more chapters! But don't worry readers, Mina is definitely still in danger and you should absolutely be worried about her. We'll finish up the next few laps of character introductions and save her by the end of the year. Probably. Maybe. No promises.

I think the worst part of all of this was how this chapter took the time to focus on how these irrelevant characters have "grown", entirely off screen, just to reach the same conclusion. None of this will end until #9 is dead, so these clowns stealing the show for 3+ chapters is entirely a waste of time.

Dex-chan lover
I've been close to dropping this series since the war arc began, but this last chapter was the final straw.

The pacing has been horrendous, the constant breaks have dragged it even further, and there are so many different characters running around I don't know who is who, or where they even are.

So what does the author do for the 100th chapter? Introduce a bunch of returning characters, and let them flex for THREE more chapters! But don't worry readers, Mina is definitely still in danger and you should absolutely be worried about her. We'll finish up the next few laps of character introductions and save her by the end of the year. Probably. Maybe. No promises.

I think the worst part of all of this was how this chapter took the time to focus on how these irrelevant characters have "grown", entirely off screen, just to reach the same conclusion. None of this will end until #9 is dead, so these clowns stealing the show for 3+ chapters is entirely a waste of time.
Couldn't agree more. My sentiments towards this manga has become almost the same I have now for Juujika no Rokunin, on which I'm just reading for the sake to know how it ends, because I lost almost all the excitement I once had for that story and now I just wish for that to end.

The difference for Kaiju No. 8 is that I wish for only this arc to end, not the entire story (at least for now), unlike Juujika.

Dex-chan lover
Hot Take: I was excited finding this manga when it began because I found the premise of a story following an after Kaiju attack cleanup service watching the heroes from far original and fun. When it then had him leaving the cleanup and joining this "army" I was like aaaand there goes the original premise and becomes another generic shonen.
And I agree it struggles balancing its big cast screen time. I feel like the frustrating thing about this moment is that its giving it to them when a "critical plot point" has been introduced and stakes are high. People will want to see how the character involved (in this case the MC since he's the only one who can fight the baddie) will react and how the confrontation will resolve.

Dex-chan lover
Hot Take: I was excited finding this manga when it began because I found the premise of a story following an after Kaiju attack cleanup service watching the heroes from far original and fun. When it then had him leaving the cleanup and joining this "army" I was like aaaand there goes the original premise and becomes another generic shonen.
And I agree it struggles balancing its big cast screen time. I feel like the frustrating thing about this moment is that its giving it to them when a "critical plot point" has been introduced and stakes are high. People will want to see how the character involved (in this case the MC since he's the only one who can fight the baddie) will react and how the confrontation will resolve.
I don't think that's a hot take at all

Dex-chan lover
Mina has been getting vored for three months they better pick up the pace 💀

Users who are viewing this thread