Kaiju No. 8 - Ch. 97 - The gates of despair have opened!!

Dex-chan lover
A lot of you might disagree with me here but like, do you think the author made the bad guys way too strong here? Like, it doesn't even make sense anymore. Where the fuck did you get the time to do all of these shits? Maybe one of them had somewhat of a story of how they came into to being, but for the rest, it's just: Guh, strong bad guy here, raise stake up, huh huh huh.

At least give a proper explaination of how monster 9 can get all of this prepared, I know it's asking a lot for you to give the bad guys some proper writing when the MC's backstory is still a mess that it's but like, come on.

Dex-chan lover
Why didn't he just lead in with these monsters??? Or send them altogether? Pretty inefficient for a villain that seemingly appears to be all about optimization.

I suppose I can accept the possibility that they weren't finished cooking yet and therefore they are fresh out the oven but still it ,somewhat, feels like he could have just stayed in the kitchen until they were ready and just overwhelm everyone with them.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Mushroom Man made custom monsters to counter all the strongest in the human force. That didn't work out but it did wear them down enough that now Mushroom Man's Mega Monsters can zerg them and take them out. Well probably not but they were already at the breaking point so its going to be tough (as if it weren't already). Plus it seems he specifically wanted to isolate Mina from the rest of the force. And now hes trying to force Kafka to decide between saving Mina or everyone else in order to delay him from rescuing Mina.

Or something like that. Whatever the case, it feels like a lot has happened but at the same time its nothing at all. Like Tomibiki is saying why not lead with these monsters? Would have had the same effect as the first wave to tire out the grunts, then pop the custom monsters for the leaders. Its entirely unnecessary and just dragging it out. Sucks to read weekly, will probably be not so bad if you're binging this way later.

Dex-chan lover
SO THE TAILORED MONSTERS WERE ALREADY USELESS IN THE FIRST PLACE??? HOW DID THE ENEMY PREPARE THIS IN A SHORT SPAN, WHY IS THIS MANGA ACTING LIKE ITS IN THE FINAL ARC

the author wasted so many chapters and weird "weekly" style enemies that actually should have been done later in the series cus if the author showed us how these characters would deal with the new monsters it will be better

We better see our MAIN CHARACTER beat them all to hell easily instead of another 10 chapter flashback and filler

Dex-chan lover
if not because its mangaplus want to just bank the chapter till this arc end, to bad since its in Mangaplus i cant do that
as for the chapter(whole arc) like everyone said to much waster point and dragging out to much

Fed-Kun's army
I think it goes like this:
  • He wanted to isolate Mina because she's the biggest hindrance to him
  • Made the perfect bait in the monster she took down (teleport and ranged attack-only makes him perfect for a ranged fighter like her)
  • Summon multiple specialized monsters to hinder each strong fighter in the force (he knows how many there are from the commander's memories), plus with a large number of monsters even Mina would need to deploy on the field instead of sniping monsters from afar
  • If the monsters killed their opponents it would be for the best, if not then at least they are exhausted
  • Let the portal monster be the last one to attack, by now all of the force big fighters are either dead or exhausted and Mina is the only one left that can take him down
  • Summon the mega monsters after you teleport as an obstacle to the force

Of course, this doesn't explain how he managed to teleport all of those mega monsters, why didn't he let some of them help the specialized monsters, or why he even need them in the first place since Mina is a shitter at melee and he can just snap her neck in a second. And it doesn't excuse the decade we needed to get to this point, and it doesn't look like the author is willing to improve on that front.
Anyhow, my only guess is that new human monsters will emerge to help the force. There is no way they can "power of friendship" themselves out of this.

Users who are viewing this thread