Kaiju No. 8 - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The man who turned in a Kaijuu

Dex-chan lover
That was pretty interesting. I kinda hoped the author would stick with MC being in the clean up crew, but that would be dead end story-wise I guess

Dex-chan lover
This reminds me of Pacific Rim, minus the mechs. They would also tear about kaiju corpses to get all kinds of valuable resources and parts. Even the manure.

So, when do the monster girls appear? I'm fine with marked spoilers.

Dex-chan lover
Have a feeling MC's not the first case, due to [No.8] in the title and not the last, government conspiracy and science hybrid etc lol

Contributor
@Harramburgerkiez Question: For Chapter 1's title, do you mean to say "The man who turned into a Kaijuu"? Instead of "The man who turned in a Kaijuu"?

Thank you for the translation!

Dex-chan lover
A little disappointed. Going by the chapter title, I was expecting more buildup. It was still cool and the setting is interesting, even if it's aping Pacific Rim a bit too much. Then in the last couple pages it's just like, "oh yeah, turn the guy into a Kaijuu" and it just happens.

Fed-Kun's army
he kinda look like the trapper mask from dead by daylight now that i look at it closely.

i don't think this is supposed to be a comedy manga but those last pages had me dying on the Floor laughing XD

Double-page supporter
Only the first chapter, but it already leaves a good impression on me.
Might be worth checking out.

Fed-Kun's army
Official Spanish translation is available on Manga Plus. I'm so disappointed it's not available in English...

I think it’s interesting to notice how the author used reflections to speed up the drawing process. On page 41, if you look closely you can see how the tigers face is perfectly symmetrical. Also, the 3 guys behind the girl have their masks copy and pasted lol. On page 42, the girls face + eyes + moles + nose are also perfectly symmetrical down the middle. On the page with both of the dudes sitting in the hospital beds, you can see the author only drew one side and then mirrored it. Just some fun facts. This manga is great.

Users who are viewing this thread