Kaiju No. 8 - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Hello, yes? Editor? JUMP here. Yes, please make the promising start bring in lots of generic stereotypes and character archetypes! Thank you, very much, if it didn't start turning stale immediately, people might actually think its unique!

Double-page supporter
A reminder for everyone that 32 in the real world is not old.
Also damn, i just cant help but love the girls who are just unapologetic bitches. though i do hope she gets some pros to her cons

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translations, Pair of 2. Yeah, the new girl is kind of a stereotype, but I'll wait a bit before passing judgment; an author who wants to subvert a trope has to establish which tropes he's gonna play with first, right? We'll see.

Dex-chan lover
@Authn I would imagine a suit that bosts physical abilities like that comes with risks, training, and/or certification requirements and is NOT CHEAP. Most people probably have to pass the test to get the training. This chick seems the spoiled rich kid type, and probably got access to a suit and the training to use it via connections. kinda like someone with buying and practicing with firearms before ever going to enlist in the military.

Huh noticed it earlier but their power suits and his kaiju form have roughly the same design minus the face of course

@pockettrash @Gunlord500
I think author will play parody on main tropes. I mean this is Shounen so it was expected. Previous works were good so this should turn so too.

Also wonder if story will split and balanced by two parts. First MC trying get close to FMC as human and second MC running away from FMC as Kaiju.

Dex-chan lover
@nohabody
2016 huh? I already don't like her. Examinee no. 2020 must be a walking disaster.

not sure how to think about this part of me want to laugh and i did laugh too much from this comment but the other part it coronavirus sooo :/
J3I8JTb.jpg

but wait I am cool with dark comedy so don't be mad at me :|

Group Leader
@MrF0x that'd be lovely. I haven't read any of the author's other works so I couldn't/can't make any presumptions (might as well check them out when I get the time).

Cliché development would be that the girl applied because she admires the guys childhood friend and then she either sees him as a comrade/rival in getting her attention.

Dex-chan lover
Eh, not feeling this new character. I wish he didn't try to join the Defense Corps again and just stayed in his line of work while doing vigilante stuff in his kaiju form.

Users who are viewing this thread