Kaiju No. 8

Kafka... What a fitting name.
I really don't understand why no-one mentioned it in the comments. Does no-one here get the reference, or is it just too obvious?

Dex-chan lover
I hope his power kept secret until last third of the story.
It will be boring to see another government publicity and normalize thing like tokyo ghoul/attack on titan.

Chapter 11 gave me a good laugh. Actually, the comedic action balance is perfect here.

@ilusatus while i don't mind another one of those, I agree with you.

@RKBock no, i don't. Please kindly explain.

@Aryazaky Kafka wrote a classic named Metamorphosis. The name choice though is just too obvious and a little akward for a japanese character if you ask me.

@Aryazaky Franz Kafka was a german novelist. One of his most popular works is The Metamorphosis (German: Die Verwandlung). The novel is about a guy named Gregor Samsa who one day wakes up in his bed as a giant bug.
Contrary to the protagonist of this manga, Gregor is unable to talk (as he is literally a bug) and unable to transform back. As the people that enter his room (such as his family) are understandably shocked at first (and later out of frustration), he suffers several wounds. This, combined with the problem that the family never finds out what he can actually eat, later leads to his death.

Dex-chan lover
If anyone doesn't really want to read this on MangaPlus (and honestly for most of their series), keep in mind that Viz also has their own online reader with their own translations which ARE different. You can read the three most recent chapters for free. It sucks for re-reads unfortunately but it's a stop gap until the volumes are released at least

Double-page supporter
Ultimately too generic for its own good. If you're still young, you'll probably love it, but it's no masterpiece.

I kinda wish it was just about the defense corps i just love me some infantry soldier stuff seeing how they deal with monsters close enough to human, animal and car size or the giants.

It feels a bit like Attack on Titan with a different story and directing. I'll keep on reading it.

First thing I thought of was Caillou. 😅
caillou_ca.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread