Kaiko sareta Ankoku Heishi (30-dai) no Slow na Second Life - Ch. 42 - Irreplaceable Memories

Dex-chan lover
To be perfectly honest, the wife is probably the strongest one among them. Even Zebi-chan, a heavenly king herself, was scared of her.
She got the power when she evolved into a Mother.
Don't underestimate the power of mothers.

Dex-chan lover
And here I just think it's nice that guys can show affection and emotions without being considered "less manly".
who said anything about being less manly just because they're acting gay for dariel. dariel can show off his manliness and not be any more manly than those who are attracted to him. you just assumed that i was treating them as lesser males just because they showed affection towards dariel. you don't have to be straight to still be manly and being gay does not inherently mean being feminine.

Dex-chan lover
who said anything about being less manly just because they're acting gay for dariel. dariel can show off his manliness and not be any more manly than those who are attracted to him. you just assumed that i was treating them as lesser males just because they showed affection towards dariel. you don't have to be straight to still be manly and being gay does not inherently mean being feminine.
I assumed nothing about how you were treating them. You weren't treating him as gay for Dariel in the first place since you just mentioned what everyone else did.

Also, I wasn't implying being gay means being less manly; I was outright saying that guys showing feelings are often treated as "less manly".

So to me you're just coming off as someone trying to pick a fight and trying to feel insulted for some made up slight. "You assumed" is frequently one of the most hypocritical phrases I encounter.

Dex-chan lover
I wanna hug that smol Dariel trying his best to light the lantern.

Dex-chan lover
No matter how much people try to convice otherwise this manga is becoming gay as crap, the author is going overboard with the whole gay stuff, it was a fun comic relief for the first 20 times, but now it's downright annoying, nowadays Dariel gets more touchy with the men than with his own wife and this is getting annoying as crap.

You can easily do wholesome moments between men without this whole fujoshi bait the author is pushing, specially considering this manga is a manga aimed to adult men (Seinen).

And this manga is seriously lacking a harem tag, so much hot women and it seems there won't be other pairings since everyone wants Dariel's D, so at least give him the women (the two heavenly women and the hero woman that lives with him) and let the men become comic relief with their gay antics.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I mean, if you view manliness that way go right ahead.

I see it as being whole enough in your manliness to let your guard down. But hey, glass half-empty may be the way forward for you

So, in other words, manliness is to behave in ways contrary to the masculine nature--is that it? Toughness, hardness, strength, stoicism--these are naturally masculine traits. Vulnerability is not; it's a feminine trait. That is why, when things go pear-shaped, men are expected to fix things; when someone's being attacked, people don't look to women to go save that person--they look to a man. The world is ugly and hard--men are the ones expected to be able to tough it out, and a man who "lets his guard down" in it is a man who won't survive in it long; at the very least, he can be expected to take some serious losses--and to cover all bases, no woman actually wants a man who behaves like a woman at the end of the day.

What you said is very much like a postmodern excerpt from the old open-mindedness playbook: "Oh, you won't wear pink? You must not be very secure in your masculinity~" Over time, it led to things like this: "Oh, you mind other men hanging around your girlfriend/wife? You're so insecure~!" I'm sure I'm forgetting at least one example of men being called "insecure" for not engaging in clearly homosexual behavior.

AnimeCruizer isn't wrong--those guys ARE acting effeminately, and it's been increasing in frequency over time; what saves the manga is that--the corruption aside--the story is generally wholesome, and Dariel's squarely outside of that effeminacy; what helps a lot is that his wife is unmistakably feminine and beautiful--a solid and logical choice for any good man worth his salt--and he has started a family with her. The story hasn't gone downhill because of the homosexual subtext (even if it's an ugly and growing flaw on an otherwise lovely painting), but you have to call a spade a spade.

Dex-chan lover
so is it just me or does it piss you off that the war is still on going and unseen people are getting killed as the higher ups from both sides are getting along so well around each other, like lets let are subordinates fight and kill/die as the higher ups on both sides are living in the same house

Users who are viewing this thread