Kaikosareta Kyuutei Renkinjutsushi wa Henkyou de Dai Nouen wo Tsukuriageru - Sokoku wo Oidasareta kedo, Saikyou Ryouchi de Slow Life wo Ouka suru - V…

Dex-chan lover
You know, I coulda sworn alchemy was all about creating something novel... :lul:

(I mean plotwise, of course)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Good thing the boss man isn't smart - crops were considerably profitable in the Middle Ages, and the naive alchemist's efforts would've helped the empire grow stronger and even more aggressive while the peasants would still go hungry.
There is a type of conservative stubbornness that a lot of Japanese businesses have issues with.
Their leadership tends to not take risks or innovate, and keeps things the way it is.
The boss here is such a manager, keep things the way they always were for no reason other then that is what worked in the past.
First, you might want to spoiler this since it is plot related.
All it "spoils" is how the MC got the job in the first place, which there had to be an explanation for. It is so minor a plot detail that well does it matter? That is also world building, not how the story will progress.
You know, I coulda sworn alchemy was all about creating something novel... :lul:
Different things in different worlds.
But it could easily apply to farming by making stuff like magic fertilizer.

Dex-chan lover
Appreciate the translation, I think I had this on the waiting list for a while and I forgot all about it. I like the authors other works, so interested to see where this goes.

Dex-chan lover
First, you might want to spoiler this since it is plot related.

Second...
what happened when the king found out?
You're right that was my bad.
He threatens him to find him because anyone with a brain can see that they'll all starve soon.

Double-page supporter
Split chapters just don't have the same power to draw in a reader to a new series as a full one does. I really wish the myriad of web apps that started the practice had just died out.

Dex-chan lover

(I mean plotwise, of course)
Skyrim made Alchemy into something novel. That is the baseline ten years ago and up to this day for games and comics alike.

Dex-chan lover
Had to check, but raw is indeed split into 2, but if even the ch1 split is this short (ch1s are traditionally longer to set up the premise), ya might want to consider merging the sub chs and release per whole chs.

Ruling class probably wants to keep the population starved to prevent them from having the energy to rebel. Because those asshats know if the smallfolk weren't so starved they can barely move, they'd definitely start an uprising.
You’re basically minmaxing at that point tho, so any form of instability (eg: faction war, succession dispute, losing too much wars, an actual mass rebellion led by religious zealots) will easily kick off rebellions anyway from pushing the peasants to their breaking point.

Dex-chan lover
Giving this a decent rating with so little information isn't easy. I can't imagine this story goes beyond a few chapters at this rate.

Dex-chan lover
TY for your work! :salute:
The grammar looks correct, the fonts don't make me want to strangle anyone, and I didn't notice any redrawing artifacts.
10/10 :clap:

I'm annoyed at the publisher though. I can't believe they released this weak ass fraction of a chapter as the intro to the series. They should have released the entire chapter at once if the first half was this mediocre. :shamihuh:

Dex-chan lover
It's the opposite actually. The king personally asked him to help grow crops. It's his boss that's the warmonger.

U sure? I was reading the RAW and got to chapter (ch 4) where the prince ask about the lack of report on Isagi's works.

Then after hearing he got fired the prince explains that Isagi's work is supposed to be able to save the empire from its severe food shortage, and by leaving Isagi to that the prince was able to ask for increase in military budget.

So while he is allowing Isagi to do his thing, it seems to be based on expansionist mindset.

Dex-chan lover
U sure? I was reading the RAW and got to chapter (ch 4) where the prince ask about the lack of report on Isagi's works.

Then after hearing he got fired the prince explains that Isagi's work is supposed to be able to save the empire from its severe food shortage, and by leaving Isagi to that the prince was able to ask for increase in military budget.

So while he is allowing Isagi to do his thing, it seems to be based on expansionist mindset.
I worded it a bit wrong. It's not that he's against war, just that he knew there were other importantthings to take care of then JUST war. At least so far anyway. I didn't go much beyond when the mc got to the village.

Good thing the boss man isn't smart - crops were considerably profitable in the Middle Ages, and the naive alchemist's efforts would've helped the empire grow stronger and even more aggressive while the peasants would still go hungry.

Pg. 7: Investing 'human resources' sounds kind of off to me, since it's a modern business jargon term. I think it could be replaced by less anachronistic expressions, like 'manpower', 'workforce', or more generally 'effort'.
But it's only a minor pet peeve of mine in an otherwise solid work you did there.
Noted!

Had to check, but raw is indeed split into 2, but if even the ch1 split is this short (ch1s are traditionally longer to set up the premise), ya might want to consider merging the sub chs and release per whole chs.

You’re basically minmaxing at that point tho, so any form of instability (eg: faction war, succession dispute, losing too much wars, an actual mass rebellion led by religious zealots) will easily kick off rebellions anyway from pushing the peasants to their breaking point.
Well the rules are not clear enough, because it states "you can't split if it wasn't split in the original" and "don't merge chapters into 1 vertical one". But nothing really about what you've proposed

Dex-chan lover
Well the rules are not clear enough, because it states "you can't split if it wasn't split in the original" and "don't merge chapters into 1 vertical one". But nothing really about what you've proposed
In my opinion, release how you want to release.. but I think the rules basically state "Don't split chapters that aren't split in the raws" such as some groups only translating portions and uploading them to be first, or to lure people to get the "rest" of the chapter on their websites.

In most cases, I think the recommendation of combining the split raw chapters is just because people want a full chapter to read.. but if the raw is split, and you're following that, I think that's fine.

On the same side of the coin, the rule you mentioned states "vertical" which makes me think longstrip format.. and I've seen a bunch of groups that have released Raw-split chapters into a full chapter here on Mangadex after being scanlated.

So.. as long as you're not splitting up a full raw chapter into several parts here on Mangadex, you're following the rules and everything else is just personal preference of the readers and such lol

Keep doin' you, and thank you again for picking this up, can't wait to read more!

Double-page supporter
I have seen some smaller groups merge the split chapters before uploading here. In one instance I recall they had a disclaimer page explaining that it was a combination.
The rules specifically against vertical merging is because it's a pain the arse to deal with when you just have one continuous strip of pictures to load and then read; not to mention it's not the original format of the medium.

Dex-chan lover
In my opinion, release how you want to release.. but I think the rules basically state "Don't split chapters that aren't split in the raws" such as some groups only translating portions and uploading them to be first, or to lure people to get the "rest" of the chapter on their websites.

In most cases, I think the recommendation of combining the split raw chapters is just because people want a full chapter to read.. but if the raw is split, and you're following that, I think that's fine.

On the same side of the coin, the rule you mentioned states "vertical" which makes me think longstrip format.. and I've seen a bunch of groups that have released Raw-split chapters into a full chapter here on Mangadex after being scanlated.

So.. as long as you're not splitting up a full raw chapter into several parts here on Mangadex, you're following the rules and everything else is just personal preference of the readers and such lol

Keep doin' you, and thank you again for picking this up, can't wait to read more!
Basically this. Splitting chs that were originally whole is a dick move equivalent to chopping up a video to 10-min bits for the ad revenue-farming. Regarding the vertical thing, it’s so that you don’t have speed scanners upload junk chs that were originally in page format to a scroll format; this is because some speed scanners like to rip chs off scroll view, and chop them mid pages because they’re dumb enough to not know where the pages start and end, so you ended up with jank pages, or a mass dump ch in scroll format.

Regarding merging Pre-split chs into one ch, that’s totally legal, and usually done to group’s preferences, but usually done by some groups if the whole ch is small enough, if the sub chs are short (like this one), or there’s like 7 subchapters for whatever reason by the mangaka. If the sub chs are very long, ppl tend to leave them as is more than merge them but again, up to scanlator’s pref.

Dex-chan lover
Hi! What do you mean exactly?
collabation

They wanna do a collaboration with you. Splitting up the work/resources to get the chapters out etc. Some groups have TLs, Typesetters or redrawers that will work with other groups for different manga that the original group wouldn't pick up. Just depends on the what the terms of the collaboration would be.

Users who are viewing this thread