Kaisha to Shiseikatsu -On to Off- - Vol. 1 Ch. 2.2

Dex-chan lover
I think I'd prefer to read the split chapters together, since the ON/OFF contrast works better in one sitting.

Looking forward to seeing more of their real personalities as the series progresses :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So in this serialization, the first time she saw him wasn't when they bumped into each other and had slo-mo reactions to each other's picturesque appearances... already a major improvement over the original web manga. That, and the fact they have more personality. Going to be cautiously optimistic about where this is headed.

Fed-Kun's army
Is the lolita guy the mc here? kinda rubs me the wrong way, seems too much like a self insert
Probably, as someone who actually wears alternative, I can say at this chapter that both outfits are incredibly outdated.
What he's wearing would be called "ita", as it's full of misplaced ribbons and lace, and what's up with the shoes that look from a school uniform? I can also call the bluff, because EVERy lolita has a favorite brand of clothing, and here they didn't mention anyone. Compare that to kamikaze girls, where they constantly mention BTSSB. As for the punk, her outfit looks more like what a visual KEI band would wear at early 2000s, no one dresses like that nowadays, I haven't seen anyone wear creepers since 2014. And it's way more visual KEI than punk.

Both protagonists are 27, so that means that during the years those clothes were popular, they must have been around their early teens when those clothes were fashionable; so if it's a self insert, the author is probably trying to compensate for not being able to wear them back then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread